Green is the Color of Envy

Start from the beginning

            “Take her out of my sight.” Einarrys quickly add. The guards came forward and began to drag a struggling Lindra out. It was then when Leo finally realizes that it was Lindra’s sentence that Einarrys had just given out.  

            Amidst the struggling screams and begging from Lindra, a clear voice cuts through the chaos.

            “What is going on?” Arden still dressed in black robes appears from the side of the throne room to witness the scene before him.

            “Arden.” Einarrys calls out. Leo notices that the emotionless cold face on Einarrys quickly changes to worry from just the mere sight of the Hsivana. Arden did not care to look at Einarrys, ignoring the man completely.

            The kicking Lindra pauses long enough to notice Arden’s presence before a hateful expression encompass her whole face, expressing the full extent of contempt she held for the man.

            “Why won’t you die? I hate you so much!” Lindra spoke with venom and hatred to Arden. Without a proof of sympathy, Arden turns to meet Lindra’s livid eyes.  

            “Why?” Arden asks while walking to stand in front of Lindra. “Why did you have to hurt the ones I love? You could have come at me alone.”

            Lindra jeers at Arden’s almost innocent statement before laughing in his face.

            “Why? Why?! Why have you taken everything from me? I had everything, love, status and respect. If that damned Leo wasn’t enough, you had to come along. But even then, I was fine…I was fine.” She broke into tears at the last words of her confession.

            However, her eyes did not wonder off, her eye stay glued to the necklace softly resting on top Arden’s robes. It was the prized treasure of the Waning West Tribe, Klamata-lekani.

            “For all my life I’ve always been a slave. You people seems to forget that even slaves feel pain. But I was pretty; I was supposed to fly high and above the rest.” Lindra let out a harrowing laugh, mocking herself then turning to look at Einarrys. 

            “I was beyond happy when you accepted me as a Lady of Cavinglen. I was ready to lay my whole life for you. But, it wasn’t enough to move you. I wanted more yet I did not pursue it fearing you would hate me. But Neferrall was right.”

            Leo did not let the emotions appear on his face; however, he could not stop to agree to Lindra’s words. Is both really life so different? No, in truth they were merely two side of the same coin.

            “You never loved me right my Hsiva?” Lindra whispers, her voice gently pleading that Einarrys would deny her words and prove that all along it was her alone that was foolishly believing Neferrall’s words. Einarrys did not say anything.

            “Please say you didn’t accept me because of Klamata-lekani. Please save you loved me at least once, when I was still innocent sitting in your tribute tent in the Waning West Tribe.” She begs to hear the three simple words once in her life from Einarrys, the only man she had ever wanted to hear it from.

            “Is this the reason why you wanted to harm Arden?” Einarrys simple but direct reply crush all hopes Lindra had in her heart. Leaving her to just stare at Einarrys as the realization sink in her mind, the silence fueling the coldness in the room. Then she just laugh, each note lace with hurt and above all else, at herself.         

            “Yes. It was me. I would not stand for it when Neferrall told me you accepted me because you wanted the Klamata-lekani from my tribe for this damn prince so less.” Leo directs his malicious eyes at Arden.