Green is the Color of Envy

Chapter: Green is the Color of Envy

Hello readers, did I take too long? If I did don't worry the next chapter should be faster! Poor Arden is being left in the dark that he is so confuse at what is the truth and is not no more! Again if you love Arden then please tell me how much you love him in the comment or  comment what you think is happening in the story!  Until then...which should be soon...see you later! Enjoy!            

            If the passing of men is as simple as forceful winds against brittle timber, then a brittle timber knows where to stand. Leo knew where he stood when he had chosen to become a Lord of Cavinglen. The title lord made him smile bitterly; it was a courtesy title because no one dare call him a mistress. Leo did not need the suspenseful drumming in the background when they came for him. Rather he was quite ready.

            The day Arden disappeared, nothing save chaos and suspicion cloaked Cavinglen. When whole fleets of military horses died one by one, upon the appearance of the near-death Duke of Crowingale, to the first drop of blood in Patedor; he knew there was only two options when the guards came for him. One, we was to be executed immediately. Two, imprison until trial. 

            He did not know who to thank when it was decided that he was to be imprison until his sentence was determined by the Hsiva. And he did not know which god to blame for dealing him such a fate. This doors creak open, five guards came in.

            “My lord.” Leo stood up, straightens his robes and stride out the door without the guards having to drag him out.

            He had heard that Einarrys had won the war in Patedor. Leo did not shy away from expressing his relief to know that the man who imprisoned him was alive and safe. He was even glad to know that the Hsivana had returned back safety.

            Leo was not Lindra but it did not mean he was immune to the whispering gossips in the cold corridors. Arden had returned safe only physically. For that, Leo was sorry. Lost in his thoughts, Leo almost did not recognize that he had walked through the open doors into the throne room. Seated at on top the throne of Cavinglen was Einarrys, his face is cold and bitter.

            Leo notices a nervously trembling body sprawl on the floor. It was not until he kneels down in front of the Wolf Throne did he notice that it was Lindra. Unlike her normal lavish gaudy self, she looks as if she had been through hell. Bits of trees twigs entwine still with her unkempt hair and dirt cover her from head to toe. When she was lucid enough to notice Leo, she pointed her finger at him.

            “He did it. Leo was jealous of both the Hsivana and me. He plotted it all. I knew nothing please let me go…please let me go.” Her last words were silent whimpers. Leo turns to look up at the man before him. In Einarrys eyes he could see that it was gleaming with anger.

            “Do you want to say something?” Einarrys ask Leo. The kneeling man turns to look at pitifully guilty woman next to him before turning to look at Einarrys.

            “Is there anything left to say? What is the truth is and what is not, you know well enough.”

            Einarrys expression did not change as he stares at Leo. The other staring back as if he was searching for something lost within Einarrys.

            “I am stripping you of all your possession and title. Your slave status is to be reinstated along with the branding of a murderer. From now and until the end of your life, you are never to step in Cavinglen.” All the blood drains from Leo’s face as he heard the sentence.