Chapter 8

Laura had been preoccupied with gazing out the window the whole ride there. "What happened Laura?" Neila finally broke the silence as she glanced over at Laura who had glazed eyes. "June got in a car crash." Laura felt tears rolling down her cheeks. "Oh my gosh I'm so sorry but he will be okay he's strong." Neila placed her hand on Lauras. The rest of the ride there was silence.

"Laura you're here!" Her parents rushed to hug her. "I'm not the one who you need to worry about right now how is he?" Laura wiped some tears away. "He's in surgery right now. All they know so far is that he has a slight concussion and some metal cut through his arm." Laura sighed as she felt her heart break at the thought of her twin brother dying.

"He pulled through just fine." The doctor walked out two hours later as the family stood up and Neila woke Laura up. "He should be waking up in a few hours you guys can go visit him but make sure you put on masks his immune system will be low for a couple days due to the fact he was sitting in the cold for so long,He has a high chance for bronchitis so its just a precaution." The doctor directed them to his room where he was unconscious and hooked to a bunch of machines.

When Laura got in there she broke down crying at the sight of her brother. Neila rushed to comfort her and took her to the hall."He could be dead my own twin." Laura sobbed into Neilas arms. "Hes not though lets be thankful for that Laura. Hes fighting because he is strong he will recover in no time!" Neila gave her a reassuring smile.

"June oh my gosh please never drive a car again." Laura whispered as she hugged a sleeping June. "I won't." Laura heard A groggy June whisper.