chapter 5

"What are you doing this weekend?" Laura lazily smiled at Ophelia.
Ophelia plastered on a sad smile and pushed her blonde hair behind her ear.

"Umm I'm not sure, probably nothing no one here seems to want to be my friend."
Laura grinned and nonchantantly said "That's unacceptable, we are now your friends and by default I must invite you to come with my friends and I to see Love Simon."
Ophelia looked shocked but smiled softly "Thank you so much, but are you sure they wouldn't mind"
Laura nodded "Of course, they welcome everyone with open arms no questions asked." Laura smiled and placed her head back on her desk to take a nap.

Laura: What should I wear help a girl out.

Neila: Just wear your cute quarter sleeve blue shirt with your ripped jeans you'll look totally HOT.

Laura: Thanks you're a lifesaver, by the way I have someone for you to meet at the movies tonight :)

Laura ecstatically got ready for the movie, she hurriedly put her light brown hair in a bun and brushed her teeth. She then examined herself and saw that this shirt really did make her look hot it brought out her hazel eyes.

After an hour of being indecisive if she actually looked good or not it was time for her to go. Ophelia had asked her to pick her up since she couldn't drive yet which Laura didn't mind she knew Ophelia would be nervous.

"Hey girl" Laura smiled and waved at Ophelia who had her blonde hair curled and was wearing a grey tight short sleeved shirt and jean shorts which exposed her tanned legs, which Laura couldn't help but look at a minute too long.

"Are you excited?" Laura looked over at the girl who nodded her head nervously. "Don't be nervous, hmm how about you tell me about yourself on our way there!"
Ophelia started talking about how she moved to Oklahoma from Texas when her dad got deployed in the army. Then she told Laura about her mom having another baby the same week they moved in and having to take care of her two younger siblings by herself for a week since her dad had already gone off to the army. Laura looked over at her with pity in her eyes.

"Hey look were here" Ophelia spoke up feeling awkward seeing the sadness Laura held in her eyes for Ophelia. "Oh you're right!" Laura hopped out and ran over to Berlina who was standing with Elias and Neila.
Laura looked at Neila who was wearing a leather jacket with some ripped jeans, Her red hair was down and straightened, boredom was evident on her face."

   "Hi!" Berlina looked over Laura's shoulder at Ophelia who had just caught up. Laura turned around totally forgetting that Ophelia was there. "Oh my gosh I'm so sorry I walked off without you let me introduce you guys," Ophelia smiled "Ophelia this is Berlina, Elias, and Neila." They all smiled at her except Neila. Laura looked at Neila who had an expression of annoyance on her freckled face.

"Hmm I wonder what's up with her" Laura thought but was cut off as Berlina grabbed her arm and pulled her inside. "Come on guys the movie should be starting soon" Laura and Ophelia stayed in the lobby a little while longer to get the popcorn as everyone else went and saved seats for them.

When they got in the theatre the only seats left were ones on the end and then one between Neila and Berlina. Laura grabbed Ophelia's hand taking her over to the red seats at the end so she wouldn't have to sit alone. She looked over at Neila and could've sworn that she had a look of disgust on her face.

"How are you liking it?" Laura whispered to Ophelia and smiled when it was halfway over. "I love it so much it's so cute" Ophelia smiled.

After the lights had turned back on and everyone had stopped applauding , they all headed outside. As soon as they were outside Laura saw out of the corner of her eye that Berlina was dragging Neila over to the wall and was talking to a very mad looking Neila. Ophelia looked over at them with a confused expression and Laura just shrugged.
When Neila and Berlina joined the group again Elias broke the silence " Okay girls what the hell was that about." Berlina gave him an annoyed look and slaps his arm.

"Oh it's getting late I've got to go guys" Laura says hugging Berlina and Elias and giving Neila a kiss on the cheek before heading to her car with ophelia. "It was nice meeting you" Ophelia shouted while getting in the car and smiling.