26. Family Thais

I met Bailey on the Sky Deck. London had invited us to meet her grandmother in Thailand. After watching a few YouTube videos of people backpacking in Southeast Asia, I packed my backpack with the necessary items. Caleb came to say goodbye since the girls and I would be gone for a few days. I promised him I'd try to take as many pictures as possible of the experience.

"I'm ready for tie-land!" London smiled as she arrived on the deck wearing a tie with her outfit. One of the crew members carried her bags. She didn't need that amount of luggage!

"So, if we're in Poland, you'd be carrying a ten-foot pole?" Bailey remarked.

"Yup!"

"If we happen to be in Finland, think she'd be wearing fins?" Caleb asked.

"She'd take anything literally," I nodded as I adjusted my backpack.

"I'm so excited to finally meet my grandmother," London told us.

"And I'm so honored that you feel close enough to invite me to your..." Bailey expressed but was cut off when London went past her, snapping her fingers.

The crewman handed Bailey the luggage. I quickly went over and assisted her by taking half the load. I had to guess London invited Bailey on the trip to carry her baggage. 

"Don't let those touch the ground," London told Bailey.

"Okay."

"How many outfits did you pack, London?" I wondered.

"I want to make a good impression on my grandmother," London informed us and turned to Bailey. "So, try not to humiliate me with your boring farm talk."

"Hey!" Bailey sounded offended.

"Yeah, like that!"

I shook my head at London for basically insulting Bailey's background. 

"I just know my grandmother and I are gonna be B.F.F.W.A.O.P.S," London grinned as she was stoked about meeting her relative, assuming her grandmother was wealthy. "Best friends forever with an old person." She thought Bailey and I didn't get the acronym, although I knew what London was saying.

"Can we G.I.T.C.B.M.A.F.O.?" Bailey asked with hints of sarcasm and in agony from the weight of the baggage. "Get in the cab before my arms fall off." 

London just grinned and applauded.

"Let's just go," I suggested, turning to say goodbye to Caleb before the three of us headed for the cab.

"Have fun!" he called as the girls and I left the ship.

On arriving at our destination, I saw a hut and a rice field. 

"I don't see any mansions around here," London remarked. "Are you sure you're reading the map right?"

I helped Bailey hold one end of the map so she wouldn't have a hard time.

"I'm pretty sure," Bailey replied. "Then again, not much oxygen is getting to my head right now."

"Well, the cab driver knew where to go," I pointed out.

"Oh! Excuse me, commoner," London called.

I turned to see her approach a middle-aged woman. London felt that since she came from a highly wealthy background, she had a title, like a member of the royal family.

"I am looking for the Thapthimthong Estate," London added.

"London?" the woman gaped, placing a basket on the ground. "I'm your Khun Yai!" She happily hugged London who looked freaked out.