4. The Kidney of the Sea

Start from the beginning

That was soon interrupted when my phone went off.

"What now London?" I muttered as I left my comic book open and grabbed my phone.

"You know you could always ignore her demands Mar," Caleb said glancing at me from the comic he was reading.

"I know. Even if I did, she'll get after me for it."

I saw that London had texted me. Apparently, she and Bailey had gotten into a disagreement regarding Ivana and Porkers, Bailey's pet pig from Parrot Island, who got us out of jail and was in quarantine for a while. The whole argument was which pet was smarter, which I thought was silly. Both dogs and pigs were smart.

London was asking me and Caleb to be the audience since she and Bailey had asked Cody to be the judge, which he agreed to. 

"Okay, let's get this over with," I sighed as I slid my phone into my pocket.

Caleb placed the comic he read with the other comics and followed me out of the cabin.

We met up with Bailey, Cody, and London in the hallway as the three of them came out of the elevator.

"Cody, I wanna thank you for being our referee," Bailey smiled and kissed him on the cheek, "I know you'll be fair and impartial." She kissed his other cheek.

"You forgot honest," Cody added as his face turned red.

"Honestly, make sure I win," London said as she handed him a wad of cash. "But not right away, I don't want it to be obvious."

"Obvious? I saw you bribe him," Bailey frowned.

"Never bribe the judge," Caleb whispered to me and I nodded.

"No, I didn't," London lied.

The girls started arguing. I found myself getting completely annoyed that I grabbed Cody's whistle and blew it hard making them shut up.

"Thanks, Marley," Cody sighed in relief.

"No problem. Them arguing is gonna lead them nowhere," I said.

 "Alright, let's start with some basic commands," Cody suggested, "Sit!"

Porkers and Ivana, including London all, sat down.

Cody wrote something on his clipboard, "Okay one point for Porkers and one point for Ivana."

"London, you know you don't have to sit," I informed her.

She stood back up.

"Moving on, this time just the animals," Cody clarified, "Speak!"

Ivana barked and Porkers squealed at his command.

"That wasn't a bark!" London argued.

"Doesn't matter," I glared at her.

"Porkers doesn't bark, he's a pig," Bailey defended her pet and turned to Cody, "Can we have a ruling here judgy wudgy?"

"Here we go," Caleb sighed.

"Squeal is good," Cody nodded.

Bailey smiled.

"Now animals, play dead."

Ivana rolled onto her side and was motionless.

"Oh, look at Mommy's little girl. She's playing dead so well. Mommy's sad, oh yes she is," London cooed her dog, "Who's a smart dead doggy!"

"Ahem!" Bailey called getting our attention, "Check out Porkers."

Somehow, Porkers made himself look like a stuffed pig being served for dinner.