Chapter 10

Our day in the city was lovely. The old architecture in down town Philadelphia was magnificent and the American history monuments fascinated the boys. They were stopped a few times for pictures by fans but nothing hectic. I was not recognized or looked at by anyone thankfully. By 3pm we had to return to the hotel for the boys to rest before the concert. We all hung out in mine and Harry’s, oh how I love that, room. We all sat in the living room on the couch and chairs.

            “Do you think anyone has ever licked the liberty bell?” Niall asked seriously.

            “Why would you ask that?” Louis snapped, “That’s absolutely mental.”

            “Well I was just thinking, millions of people touched it, and some even kissed it, but what about lick?” Everyone tried to hold back their laughter.

            “You can be the first Niall. I’ll help you get there,” Zayn said encouragingly and mockingly.

            “Thanks man,” Niall joked. Paul entered the room.

            “Get it together guys. Time to head out. Regina will you be joining them?” he asked skeptically.

            “Uhm....” I looked at Harry for an answer.

            “Stay here and get some rest, it’s been a long day.” Paul nodded his head and herded the boys out the door.

            “Good luck!” I shouted after them as the door closed. I sat in the quiet for a moment before Harry rushed back it and kissed me on the forehead.

            “Thanks babe.” He winked. The door closed again and I fell back on the couch. Everything was perfect.

            That night when Harry came home, I was waiting in the bedroom for him. I knew this was our last night together until he came back to the East Coast and although my initial action was what got me into trouble with the blogosphere, it is also what made this weekend possible. Harry walked through the door and saw me laying on the bed in his a different one of his tee-shirts. He smiled casually and walked slowly towards me. He placed one knee on the bed and leaned forward kissing me, slowly falling on top of me. I could feel his body heat against my chest and his breath on my neck. Harry and I slept together for the second time.

When I awoke the next morning I looked next to me and found him sleeping shirtless in a pair of boxers. I laid my head on his chest and listened to his steady heart beat. I glanced at the analogical clock next to me. Sunday, May 3rd 2013 8:37am. The illusion was shattered then. I would go home today and be ignored, tomorrow I would go to school and be harassed by everyone including judgmental faculty, and I would only talk to Harry through text messages and video chat. The filter on my brain was gone and reality hit me like a cold bucket of water. I was done playing house with Harry Styles and the rest of One Direction. It was time to return to my life, my miserable, mundane, life. I tried to enjoy the last few moments of happiness I could squeeze out of the situation by listening to the calming sounds of Harry asleep, not worrying about anything.

            Shortly after my realization occurred Paul was in the room, waking Harry and ordering me to get my things together. We both packed in silence. He knew as well that our time together was over and that it would not be had again for a very long time. We both stood at the door to the hotel room suitcases in hand.

            “Enjoy your flight,” I said kindly trying not to let how truly upset I was show.

            “I won’t.” He flicked a tear away from his eye trying to prevent me from noticing. I did. I hugged him tightly around the waist and buried my face into his shoulder. He grasped me tightly and rested his cheek on my head.

            “I’ll miss you babe,” he said choking up a bit.

            “I’ll miss you too,” I was full on crying now.

            “Please don’t cry. It kills me to see you cry. You’re too pretty to cry. Those eyes should never shed a tear.” I held back my tears and nodded my head. He kissed me one last time. There it was again, the reassuring, comforting warmth that Harry provided me with, the feeling that I was now addicted to and would be forced to quite cold turkey. Our kiss was long and meaningful. Our best kiss to date if I may add. Our lips separated and we were face to face again. Both teary eyed and emotionally exhausted.

            “Bye lovely,” he said closing the door behind him. I stood there numb for a moment before I realized I was already being taken through the hotel restaurant and into the SUV I had ridden in two days prior. The car ride home was quite like the one before, but not as awkward. Or maybe it was and I was just too engulfed in my own despair to notice. I was still, looking out the window pretending I was sitting next to Harry on a plane to Los Angeles. The car stopped two blocks away from my house. The man did not turn around, simply unlocked the doors with the press of a button.

            “Thank you,” I said blankly.

            “Yeah,” the security guard responded. I climbed out of the car and walked home slowly, knowing that every step I took was a step closer to being thrown back into my life which has fallen apart so quickly.