Chapter 9

After the concert the boys changed out of their wardrobe and did a meet and greet with a girl that was drawn out of the fishbowl. All the while, I waited in a separate dressing room. I sat on counter and let my feet dangle over the edge waiting for Harry or someone to come tell me when we could leave. In all honesty it was quite a boring night. Much of it was spent waiting and watching the back of the boys’ heads even that of which was an obstructed view. The door creaked open and Harry walked in slowly giving me a devilish smirk.

            “Yes?” I flirtatiously said.

            “Did you enjoy yourself,” he walked over and put his hand on my hips and I put my arms around his neck and shoulders.

            “You guys killed it as usual.”

            “Not what I meant...but thank you haha.”

            “Well if what you meant was did I enjoy seeing you...”

            “It was.”

            “Do I really need to answer,” I smiled as Harry pressed his lips against mine. It was like electricity. This kiss was different than the few we’ve shared before. The others were filled with lust while this one was tender and caring.

            “I suppose not, no,” Harry lifted me down from the counter and walked me into the main recreational area, our hands intertwined. We all loaded into the same car and pulled out of the venue parking lot. I laid my head on Harry’s shoulder as I was genuinely quite tired.

            “Where are you sleeping tonight?” he whispered. I just looked at him. He smiled and kissed me. I don’t think he wanted an answer. When we got back to the hotel the boys made their way to their separate bedrooms and went to sleep. Harry and I were left in the hallway standing outside his room. He traced the pattern on the carpet with his foot with his head down.

            “Are you coming in?” he asked. I wanted to, but at the same time I didn’t. I wanted to sleep with Harry. Not ‘sleep’ with Harry, but lay down next to each other, cuddle, and then fall asleep and dream of each other. I knew that wasn’t possible with Harry Styles though, not unless something else came first.

            “I have a car ready for you if you want to go home,” he sounded sad.

            “I want to come in.” I said hesitantly. Harry smiled and grabbed my hand, leading me into the hotel room and over to the bed. I sat down on the edge as he began to change out of his clothes and into a pair of boxers and a tee-shirt. He tossed a Ramones tee-shirt at me.

            “You can wear that if you’d like.”

            “Thank you...” I said confused. Were we just getting ready for bed? That’s what it looked like. Was this all Harry wanted from me? To just spend time together? I changed into the tee-shirt and got underneath the covers. Harry turned around, saw me and smiled.

            “I like you like that,” he said as he climbed into bed next to me. He wrapped his arms around me as his broad chest pressed against my back.

            “Me too...” I said sleepily. He kissed me for a final time that night as I drifted into a deep sleep and began to dream of him.

In the morning, Liam and Niall ran in the room and jumped on our bed to wake us up.

            “Wake up Ya’ two!” Niall shouted, shooting us with a Nerf gun while Liam giggled and jumped up and down on the bed trying not to step on us. I sat up and rubbed both eyes. The vision of Niall’s smile and Liam jumping came into clear view. Harry sat up and next to and hugged me, playing with my hair. He looked at me.