Chapter 5

A/N: Hey Guys ! So I feel like my story isn't quite good :'c So I'll stop here on Chapter 5 When I reach 15 views I'll post Chapter 6 : ) xx.

-Darcy

  I went into my bedroom and logged onto tumblr. Sure enough my ask box was filled with hate. People were calling me horrible names and telling me that Harry only slept with me because he knew I was easy. I had gained nearly 5,000 followers on both twitter and tumblr though. That’s the upside? Even sugarscape had covered the story. I was a trending topic on Twitter. I was everywhere. Harry’s the famous one, not me. I didn’t want this to be how everyone knew me.

I sank low into my chair and put my face into my hands. I checked the clock, it was barely 8:00pm but at the moment all I wanted to do was sleep. I crawled into by bed under the covers and laid there. I couldn’t sleep. I closed my eyes and waited for a while. I thought of my grandmother.

She loved trashy gossip shows. Especially Entertainment Access. I tried to recall the segment of me and Harry. Did they say my name? No, only my picture. They used my name in the newspaper and on sugarscape. I wonder if my Nan saw it. I checked the clock once more, 9:00pm. I yearned to fall asleep. My phone rang. It was Harry Styles. I took a deep breath, braced myself, and answered.

            “Hello?”

            “Regina?”

            “Yeah....”

            “Its Harry,” he sounded like he was trying to stay calm, but failing.

            “I know. I have caller ID,” I attempted to make a joke to lighten the situation. I could hear the tenseness in his voice and feel the anticipation of the awkward conversation that was about to be had.

            “Ha. Right. So errrm I don’t know if you heard...but...Errrm...you see there’s sort of...”

            “Yeah I heard. I didn’t tell anyone Harry. I swear.”

            “Yeah I know. I believe you. I just wanted to make sure you’re okay. You’re not getting like phone calls from paparazzi or anything are you?”

            “No not at all. I’m fine.”

            “Okay. Good, I was worried about you.”

“Don’t. It’s all okay,” but it wasn’t.

“I worry because I care...I really do care about you Regina. I know we just met, but you seem too sweet for this to happen to you. I don’t know if you care about me. You may think that I was just some one night stand like all the papers are making it seem, but I do actually like you and care for you. There’s something different and intriguing about you.” I was speechless. I did think it was just a one night stand. Harry had been my celebrity crush for 2 years and I has accomplished any fangirl’s dream right? However, I was happy to hear that I meant more to him than just some slut he slept with. I don’t know what he meant to me yet...

            “I care about you too. You seem like a really great person and I enjoy talking to you. But may I ask you something?” I shouldn’t have said that. I wanted to know about the blonde girl in the photos, but I didn’t want to seem pushy.

            “Yeah?”

            “Uh...never mind.”

“No what is it. I want you to be able to talk to me. I think that’s important considering the situation.”

“No forget it, it’s not important.” But it was. It was important. I was involved with Harry Styles now, even if I didn’t want to be. I slept with him and the public knew. He wasn’t my boyfriend but he was in my life now and I would be unable to push him out, even if I tried because sooner or later the public would push him back in. This wasn’t just a one night stand with a stranger I met in a club or some kid from school; this was Harry Styles who millions of people knew.

“Okay, if you’re sure.”

“Well, it just I was only wondering who was that brunette girl you were spotted with?” I was scared to hear the answer. I didn’t want him to think I was jealous.

            “Haha, oh her. She was a friend of mine. She got drunk at party and I was escorting her home. She was falling over so I caught her and she took that as me hitting on her and kissed me. I really don’t go around with many people. The photographers have an interesting way of morphing the truth.”

            “Yeah they sure do. Except in my case, everything they are saying about me is true.” Harry felt silent. I could hear his slow breathing on the other end of the phone.

            “What do you want to do about it? We can deny it or we can tell the truth. Management wants me to deny it and cut my ties with you, but I told them I would do whatever you’re comfortable with and that I wasn’t going to abandon you in this shitty situation. Unless that’s what you want obviously.”

            “I suppose we should just keep denying it. That’d be the best for both wouldn’t it? You with your public image and me with not getting tortured at school. Technically no reporters have asked you about it yet, so if they do, just lie.”

            “Alright love, we can do that.”

            “Alright,” There was silence on his end, “Harry? You there?”

            “Yeah I’m here. I’m just, I’m so sorry this is happening to you. I’m used to dealing with it, but you’re not used to being involved in this type of publicity.”

            “I can handle my own. I’ll be okay. Don’t worry about me.”

            “Yeah I suppose. Goodnight lovely.”

            “Good night.” We both sat on the phone for a bit in silence until I hung up first. I had never heard Harry sound so concerned. I couldn’t help but feel that he wouldn’t be treating me this way if I wasn’t a school girl from a small town in Maryland. If I was a famous singer, model, or dancer, he wouldn’t be checking up on my emotional status. I had only known him for five days. I wasn’t trying to sound conceited when I said he fell for me hard, but he didn’t try very hard to hide it either. This was all so strange. I, an awkward nobody, was stuck it the middle of Harry Styles love scandal.