Chapter Twelve

Matt's P.O.V.

It's been about three days since I snapped Kassadie's neck. The wound on her stomach is almost fully healed, and the bruises aren't even noticeable. That is how much she's healed. Even though she is getting better, I can't sleep or eat. It makes me sick to my stomach to think that she still isn't awake. I keep thinking that maybe I shouldn't have killed her because it won't work, because she is 1/2 human anyways. She is still dead, there is no beat in her heart. Which I don't get, you aren't supposed to heal if your dead. That is the only thing that's giving me hope.

"How is she?!" Makenzie asked running in the door.

"She is the same that she was 10 minutes ago when you stormed in here" I told her frustrated.

"Don't worry, she'll be fine. Kassie's never been a giver upper." She said, stood there for a couple seconds then left. I decided a while ago that it wasn't smart to kill Makenzie no matter how much I wanted to, because Kassadie would've been pissed off at me. So I decided her punishment would be decided when Kassadie woke up. For now Makenzie is to stay inside the mansion, and fend for herself. I had the 3rd in command, Luke, watching her making sure she doesn't do anything else to piss me off.

A couple hours later my mom walked in the door,

"You should go upstairs and sleep, Matt. I will stay in here and watch her. You look horrible!" She told me.

"I can't. What if she wakes up." I say.

"Then I will come get you." She said shooing me out the door.

"Mom?" I ask before I leave.

"Mm hmm?" She answers waiting for my question.

"Has anybody ever been asleep this long after you change?" I asked her, obviously worried. I look back at her, her face said it all. "Got it.." I said and stormed out the room. I possibly could've just killed my mate.... This is just fabulous! I thought as I walked in my room, and fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow.

Kassadie's P.O.V.

I felt pretty alive. I was running through the forest with Matt chasing me. It was the most fun I've had in a long time. The last time I had this much fun was when... Well I dont know, but this is a blast! I tripped over a log on the ground and fell, but I didn't hit the ground, I kept falling. Dang it!! I thought. You finally freakin stopped falling, then you haadd to trip! Ugh!!

I fell and fell and fell, until I hit what I hoped was the bottom. I saw I was in a room, with a bed, with Matt in the bed. I went and laid down with him, I stared at him in a very non creepy way. He woke up and stretched, and I could've sworn he looked right at me. Maybe I can use our 'mind link'.

'Matt? Can you hear this? Please answer me.' I thought. I could see the mixed emotions of relief, fear, and a lot of shock 'Please answer Matt if you can hear me!'

'Kassadie?' He asked, shock still on his face.

'Duh! Who else can talk to you through your mind that sounds like me?' I thought.

'Are you awake?!' He thought back to me, storming over to the door until this little word left my mouth.

'No..' Obvious confusion. Did he not see me? 'So you can't see me, can you?' Dang it!

'No Kass, I can't see you.' He told me.

'Well I'm sitting on your bed.' I told him, hoping to make him more happy then he is.

'Follow me. When we get to your body, try to go inside.' He said and I laughed, but followed him anyway.

We got to a dark room, with me on a bed, and Matt's mom watching me from a chair. I walked over to my body, and put my spirit hand on my actual hand. Once I did that, I felt this sucking like a vacuum pulling me back inside my body. I heard Matt and his mom gasp, I smiled at them, then everything went black again.

Matt's P.O.V.

I ran down to the room I knew Kassadie was in, having her spirit form follow me. I don't know what happened after that, or if she even made it to the room. I was almost going to use our link to ask her, until I saw the most amazing thing that I've never seen before. I saw Kassadie as a ghost, being pulled into her body, then she was gone. I heard the sound of the machine that has your heart beat, and I cried. I didn't care if I was beta, next in line for alpha. I cried, knowing that Kassadie was ok. I heard the door open, then I heard my mom yell for the doctor. I wiped away the tears, and went to stand next to Kassadie. I picked her hand up and held it, she finally felt warm again. Her hand twitched and her eyes fluttered open, she was awake. Finally!!! I thought to myself. She was grinning from one ear to the other, then Lucy the doctor just had to cut in. She checked to make sure everything was okay, then she undid all the needles and things that were hooked up to Kassadie. I picked Kass up in my arms, and carried her to the couch in the living room. She insisted she could probably walk, but no way was I going to let her go after I waited so long for her to get better after I rescued her.

I sat down on the couch with her still in my arms, she looked up at me and I looked at her. It was like we were the only people in the room.

"I love you Matt." She said after awhile.

"I love you too." I said, and I meant it! My life was finally getting better, and that wasn't going to change for a long time.