Chapter 19 - A hard time

Chad's POV

I blinked my eyes a few times before opening them. I stretched out and got up. I felt tired. I fell asleep at dawn. I was tossing and turning in the bed.

I was going to the mansion to talk to Alissa today. I had a day-off.

After taking a shower, I felt a little better. I put on a blue shirt and denim jeans.

 I put on a blue shirt and denim jeans

I grabbed my phone and left. Before leaving, I called my father's secretary and asked if he was in the company. I didn't want to bump into him in the mansion. She told me he had a meeting this morning, and he was in the company.

As soon as the housekeeper opened the door, I asked."Where is Alissa?"

"She is in her room, sir."

I went directly to her room. I knocked on the door and walked in.

When she saw me, she folded her arms over her chest and looked away.

"I don't talk to you." She scowled.

I sighed, running my hand through my hair. Why do all women in my life keep giving me a hard time?

"I don't want to see him beside you. Stay away from him." I warned her.

"I can talk with whoever I want. I am a grown woman, not a child. You can't decide with whom I can talk or not." She snapped, her face red with anger. "And I can have a boyfriend. You can't decide it in my place."

I breathed in deeply. "Yes, you can. But excluding that sleazeball." I hissed.

"Why not? Because he is your new conquest's ex?" She shouted.

I clenched my fist, trying to control my anger. "Not because of it. And she isn't my conquest." I said, emphasizing the word conquest.

She gave me an unconvinced look.

I breathed in deeply and sat down on the bed. "Do you know what he was going to do to Elise if I didn't arrive in time?"

She looked at me with inquiring eyes. I sighed and told her about it.

"Oh my goodness!" She gasped, shocked. She sat beside me and placed her head on my shoulder. "I am sorry, Chad. I didn't know. I thought you were just jealous."

"It is not your fault. But from now, stay away from him." I warned her. She nodded.

I wrapped my arm around her shoulder and planted a soft kiss on her hair. "I will not let anyone hurt you. And I will not hurt you too. I will respect your relationship if there is someone in your life. Of course, if he is a decent guy." I said while caressing her hair.

She smiled at me and placed a gentle kiss on my cheek. "You are the best brother in the world. I love you."

"I love you, too. And you are the most beautiful and stubborn sister in the world." I chuckled and ruffled her hair.

Elise's POV

I was talking to Katy in front of the university about yesterday when Chris approached us.

"I will file a complaint against your hero." He hissed. "I will make him pay for what he has done."

I folded my arms over my chest as I narrowed my eyes at him. "You will not do it." I demanded. "If you do it, I will file a complaint against you too." I threatened him.

His expression changed. I gave him a victorious smirk and walked away, bumping into his shoulder.

Katy and I went to the cafe near the university.

"Hi. Nice to see you, Elise." Alissa greeted me, giving me a bright smile.

"Hi." I greeted her. I introduced them to each other. "Do you want to join us?" I asked Alissa, giving her a polite smile.

"With pleasure." She gave me a warm smile and joined us.

"How are you feeling?" I asked her and sipped my coffee.

She sighed

She sighed. "Good, considering our too quiet night." She winked at me. "I got furious with Chad's over possessiveness last night. Sometimes he can be overprotective." She gave me a warm smile. "But after talking to him this morning, I understood his behavior towards Chris." She placed her hand on top of mine. "He told me what that prick has tried to do." She gave me a sympathetic smile. "That bastard deserved it." She added angrily.

I gave her a slight smile. Mr.Playboy ran to her love as soon as he woke up. I felt jealous. Moreover, he told her about my private life. How dare he!

As Alissa understood my discomfort, she tapped on my hand as she gave me a warm smile. "Don't be angry at him. He just wanted to protect me...us. " She said. " He really treasures you." She gave me a coy smile.

I looked at her with questioning eyes. Why did she say it?

"Yes, he is a good bodyguard." I muttered.

"Elise, do you really think he does it because of his job?" She gave me a knowing grin.

I looked at Alissa, confused. Why does she imply that her boyfriend likes someone else?

"There is nothing between us, Alissa." I reassured her, feeling uncomfortable. "And he loves you."

She gave me a questioning look. Then she smiled widely. "He isn't my boyfriend, Elise." She confessed.

I looked at her, puzzled. "You aren't dating..."

"No...He is like a brother to me. Nothing more." She said, smiling widely. "And in between you and me, he likes you." She winked at me. "So much." She added.

I could not hold my smile and beamed at her. I felt happy. So happy. He didn't lie to me when he told me about Alissa. They weren't together.