Chapter 53 - Mr. Control freak

Elise's POV

In the afternoon, I left the company for lunch. There was an Italian restaurant near the company. I really liked their risotto; it was so delicious.

When I was walking towards the restaurant, my phone rang. As I wanted to pull my phone out of my bag, I noticed a man behind me. I saw this man twice: yesterday and the day before yesterday. I thought it was a coincidence. But now I was sure that it wasn't a coincidence. He was following me. But who is he? The paparazzi? Or worse, a stalker? I shook my head. Calm down, Elise. Don't scare yourself.

I kept walking, checking him in the wing mirrors next to me. I decided to find who he was.

I speeded up my steps and turned left

I speeded up my steps and turned left. My heart was pounding. But the people in the street made me relax a little. I stopped and waited for him. As I guessed, he turned left too.

"Who are you? Why are you following me?" I snapped , folding my arms over my chest.

He blinked without saying anything, thinking to find something to tell.

"I am calling the police." I said and started dialing the numbers.

"Ms. Martin, don't call the police. Mr. Carter ordered me to follow you." He confessed.

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. "Chad?" I asked, perplexed.

He nodded as he said. "Mr. Carter wanted to be sure of your safety, Ms. Martin."

I squeezed the strap of my bag angrily. How dare he do this kind of thing without my permission!

"Take me to your Mr. Carter." I ordered bitterly. He nodded.

I rushed towards his office, ignoring his secretary who was trying to stop me. I opened the door without knocking.

"How dare you pay someone to follow me?" I barked.

"Sir, I tried to stop..." His secretary explained.

"You can leave." He said to his secretary. She nodded and walked out, closing the door behind her.

"It is for your safety." He said nonchalantly as he leaned back against the back of his seat.

"Who did give you permission?" I snapped.

He breathed deeply and stood up. He approached me and placed his hand on my stomach. There were a few inches between us. My nostrils filled with his musky and masculine scent. I felt hot. The taste of his tempting lips was still on my lips. It was our first encounter since the kiss we shared two days ago.

"Being the father of this little one." He replied, looking into my eyes.

I gulped, looking into his blue eyes, lost in them.

Concentrate, Elise!

I stepped back. He frowned.