"Told you my smoothie would cheer her up," Cody smiled at Zack.

I was in the lobby with the class as Miss Tutweiller did a head count to make sure everyone was present

I was in the lobby with the class as Miss Tutweiller did a head count to make sure everyone was present. Uncle Marion was trying to calm the passengers down who all were upset about the unexpected stop at Parrot Island. I overheard an elderly lady tell my uncle that she'd rather swim in her birthday suit.

Not a pretty sight to see! I thought.

Plus, I was dressed for the excursion which was just a pair of shorts and red loafers and an Avengers-themed t-shirt. And I had pulled my hair back into a ponytail remembering that tropical places can get hot and humid. I had packed my backpack with a note and sketchbook, a couple of pens and pencils, my wallet, sunglasses and my camera, and some other necessities.

"Okay and the whole class is here, except for Zack Martin," Miss Tutweiller said looking surprised.

"Get used to that," Cody nodded.

"HERE!" Zack shouted approaching our teacher from behind, which startled her so that she dropped her notecards.

"Sorry. I overslept," he apologized.

"We were in biology class," I stated.

"Exactly."

"Anyway, this unscheduled stop to look for London on this tropical island presents us with a unique educational opportunity," Miss Tutweiller explained trying to distract everyone else from feeling upset about the detour.

"We're gonna learn how to surf!" Zack exclaimed doing a surfing pose.

"Yeah!" Woody smiled and he too did a surfer pose, "Kowabunga! Hang eleven!"

"It's hang ten!" I corrected him.

"Not when you got eleven toes."

I stared at Woody with a grossed-out expression.

"You got six toes on one foot?" Caleb asked as he too felt grossed out.

"Nope! Eight and three," Woody replied.

I made a mental note to myself to never see him wearing sandals or flip-flops!

Cody and Bailey and the rest of us went over to the other side of the class to avoid Woody.

"I meant an opportunity to study the history of the island," Miss Tutweiller clarified, "Now, Parrot Island was colonized by--,"

"By the British. At the tail end of the Age of Exploration," Bailey interrupted her.

"Well to be more precise in--."

"1762. Wednesday. Around lunch," Cody cut her off.

"Thank you," Miss Tutweiller nodded already feeling annoyed.