Chapter 3

"Hey, if you like a girl, can you light her cigarette with ya pinky? 'Cuz that would be real classy," She said, holding her hand up, acting as if nothing happened.

"Y'all my wanna leave home boy alone. He can torch this whole joint. That right, ese?" Deadshot asked, warning everyone. 

"You ain't got nothing to worry about from me. I'm cool, homie." Harley bent down, snapping a choker around her neck and slipping on a jacket. 

"I'm not." I said, catching everyone's attention. 

"Yeah, we know." Deadshot said.

"Ya, wouldn't mess with her either." Deadshot said, pointing at me. I giggled, turning at the sound of Flag calling us. "Duty calls!"

We all flooded over, lining up in front of him. I stood next to Harley, who was playing with her gum.

"Behold the voice of God." I snorted as Flag held up an iPad, which began to broadcasting Amanda from two weeks ago.

"For those of you who don't know me officially, my name is Amanda Waller. There's an active terrorist event in Midway City. I want you to enter the city, rescue HVT1 and get them to safety," she said.

"I'm sorry." Deadshot shook his hand in front of the screen. "For those of us who don't speak good guy what is HVT1?" 

"The only person that matters. The one person you can't kill," Amanda answered. "Complete the mission you get time off of your prison sentence. Fail the mission, you die. If anything happens to Colonel Flag I will kill every single one of you. Remember, I'm watching. I see everything." The screen turned back to black.

I stick my tounge out, "Haha, bitch can't kill me, motherfucker!" I yelled at the black screen.

"There's your pep talk." Flag said to Deadshot, lowering the iPad. I looked between the two.

"Yeah, we, compared to your shit she killed it." Deadshot nodded his head while speaking. "So that's it? We some kind of- uh, suicide squad?" I smiled.

"I'll notify your next of kin." Flag answered, pushing past Deadshot to get towards the chopped. I walked between Harley and Deadshot.

"I like that. Suicide Squad." I complimented. 

"Yeah, me too. Good one, Floyd!" Harley agreed, before hopping into the chopper behind me.

"What are we waiting for?" Deadshot asked as a woman with a sword at her waist in a half-face mask hopped in.

  "You're late," Flag shouted. The woman muttered something in Japanese. "This is Katana! She can cut all of you with one sword stroke, just like mowin' the lawn! I would advise not getting killed by her. Her sword traps the souls of it's victims." Harley leaned forward holding out her hand.

"Harley Quinn! Nice to meetcha!" She introduced, with a grin. She retracted her arm, gripping the handle of her bat. "Love your perfume, what is that the stench of death?" I laughed along. 

The woman pulled on her sword, saying something else in Japanese. "Woah, cowgirl, it ain't that kind of a mission, take a seat." She listened, plopping next to Rick.

"She seems nice!" Harley said, turning to me. I nodded. 

I looked down to see the phone from earlier in Harley's hand. A text was on the screen, but I couldn't make out anything other than the green haired icon. She pressed her finger to her lip, looking up at Deadshot who also saw. I turned away, finding the heavily tattooed guy at my side. 

"Kitty." I introduced, sticking out my free hand.

"El Diablo." He said, shaking my hand.

"The devil." I muttered to him. "Your name. Why?"

"Story for another time. But I've got a dark side." He said, looking down at his hands.

"Not as dark as me Diablo." I said smirking.

"I guess." Diablo shrugged, gazing off. I shrugged as well, before turning to see Harley looking out the window. The sun was still out, but dark clouds covered the sky, darkening the city. 

"Ooh, look at the pretty lights!" Harley exclaimed, sticking her forehead on the window. I peeked my head around, seeing a large streak of light that shot into the sky, surrounded by what seemed to be cars and pieces of metal. "Are you guys seeing' this," she screeched, looking between me and Deadshot.

"What happened," Deadshot shouted, nodding his head towards the window. Flag took off his headphones. 

"Terror attack! Dirty bombs, bad guys shooting up the place with AKs. You know usual shit," Flag answered. Harley looked at him amazed, and I smiled at her happiness.

"Right," Deadshot said nodding. "Yeah you're a bad liar. I don't know if they told you, but I'm a hitman, not a firefighter. I don't save people."

"Anything for a dollar right," Flag retorted, nodding his head. I snickered, earning a laugh from Harley. 

  I heard gunshots outside and I furrowed my eyebrows. A rumble came from the front of the chopper, and a beeping noise sounded throughout.

"Uh oh." I said, feeling the chopper begin to drop.