Chapter Two - Chibs

I headed home after I dropped Jakki off at her place. I stripped down to my boxers and crawled into bed.

       The image of the red head filled my mind. Her long red hair, blue eyes, full figure. I was never really picky on looks but the way she looked caught my attention.

       I had forgotten about the soulmate timer. I remember looking at it and seeing that I had about twenty years left when I was in my twenties. I forgot about it and just fooled around. But when it buzzed, it all came flooding back and I remembered.

       This young girl was my soulmate. But soulmates don't always work out. You develop taste and expectations over time. She could never go for an old fool like me. She knew she could get someone younger and better.

       But, soulmates work out more often than not. She could decide she wanted to be with my ugly ass forever. Scars and all. If she did, I'd have to never stop thanking her.

       I wanted to keep this from the club until we were official. In order to get to that, I needed to take her on dates, woo her, all that. I have never actually done that which makes this hard to figure out. How do you ask a girl out? If she says yes, what do I take her to do? Does she like fun stuff or romantic?

       I soon drifted off to sleep, lost in my thoughts. I awoke to the sun beating right down on my face.

       When I got to the club, some of the guys were sitting outside. I approached them to find Bobby, Juice, Happy, and Tig. They were talking about Jakki.

"Dude, have you seen the new bartender?" Tig pointed a thumb towards the entrance. "Hell of an upgrade from our last one."

"Hey, I made a hot bartender." Juice defended himself.

       I gave them a curt nod. "Yeah, I met her last night. She's quite nice."

"What do you think she's into?" Bobby smirked. "Big girls tend to like big guys, yeah?"

"I get her first. You get sloppy seconds." Tig nudged him.

"I don't think she'd appreciate you guys talking about her like that." I said in a flat tone and crossed my arms. "She's not a crow eater."

"You never know, man. Her timer could be broken or she doesn't have one." Tig grinned.

       I rolled my eyes and made sure my wrist was covered. I pushed past them and walked inside. It wasn't drinking hours so Jakki wasn't behind the bar. She was out cleaning the area with the pool table where the guys liked to dump their ashes on the floor.

       She was humming to something as she swept. I sat at a table and watched her. She went around the other side of the table and jumped when she looked up.

"Good fucking God!" She gasped and clutched her chest.

"Sorry. Did I scare you?" I asked smugly.

"You should really make your presence known instead of stalking me. Soulmates don't like that." She said as she looked down and continued sweeping.

       I stood and grabbed the dust pan. "I'll make note of that." I held it down for her and she swept the ashes and cigarette butts into it.

"You're not like these guys, are you? Leaving your shit around for me to clean up?"

"Nah. I still smoke, though."

"Yeah, I tasted that last night." She smiled a little.

       I had almost forgotten that I kissed her last night. It was pleasurable and based on the look on her face, she thought the same. And I couldn't help but flirt with her.

"Last night doesn't have to be the only time you taste it."

       She blushed and shook her head. She walked off to put the supplies away. When she came back, she looked right at me and crossed her arms.

"Do you even want a younger girl, Filip?"

      I said nothing. I just looked at her with my mouth agape. What did she mean by that?

"Do you want a young and dumb girl? You could get someone your age who is probably better looking and smarter. Someone who is more experienced in life."

       I let out a breath, partly out of relief. "Are you sure you want such an old man?"

"I've always had a thing for older men so... yeah." She nodded. "I think it's great that my soulmate is an older guy."

       I let out a bashful chuckle. "I have no problem with a young lass. It could be really fun. Correcting people when they assume I'm your father, you catching me up on modern bullshit."

       She laughed softly and sighed. "I know we're not official yet but come here."

       I did as told and walked over to her. She put her arms around my neck, allowing me to put rest my hands on her hips. She pulled me down closer to her and kissed me.

       She wasn't as tensed as last night. She relaxed in my arms and just allowed our lips to move together.

       I pulled her closer and deepened the kiss. Her fingers tangled in my hair as I pushed her against a table. She let out a soft groan and I pulled away.

       She looked up at me, breathing heavy. "Um, I wasn't expecting that." She smiled.

"That makes two of us." I grinned back at her.

       I looked up and found Juice standing in the entryway. When we made eye contact, he immediately walked off.

"I have some business to get to. I'll see you later, hon." I kissed her cheek and quickly walked in the direction Juice went in.

"What the hell was that?" Juice started in on me when I turned a corner. "You didn't think she'd appreciate being talked about but once you're alone with her, you almost fuck her on a table!"

"It's not like that!"

"Then how is it?" He looked at me, his eyes almost burning.

       I sighed and ran a hand through my hair. "They both went off at the same time last night."

"Both what?"

"Timers." I lifted my sleeve to expose my timer that read "00:00:00:00."

       Juice stared at my wrist and then at me. "Wow."

       I nodded and moved my sleeve back down. "I wanted to keep it private until we're official so you're not saying anything."

"I won't." He held his hands up. "Wouldn't want you to go and explain just to have everyone not understand you." He smirked.

"My accent sets me off from the rest of ya." I shrugged.

       Juice and I went about our business for the rest of the day. When I got back to the bar, I made my move.