14. Can't promise that things won't be broken

Start from the beginning

"You wouldn't do that."

"But I did! , stop picturing me as a perfect guy Susan, I am not." He starts to laugh, but it was a humourless one.

I move closer to him , but this only makes him move two steps away from me ; And thinking about it , this is what always happens between us or what happened? Every time i wanted to be closer to him and get to know him, He pushed me away. "To me…you are."

"I kicked the damn taxi driver , that's why we lost control of the car, I lied to you!"

"James you weren't ready to tell me the truth, that's it."

"No it's not , I deserved to die, not her!" He kneels down again , but this time he was crying more, guilt and sadness in his blue eyes.

"It's in the past now James, you have to forget. Yeah, it was horrible what you did, but you were an immature kid, now you are-"

"Stop! Just stop, I have already heard this one thousand times, okay?" With that, he takes off, running to his car.

"James!" I yell but something kept me back, it was Alex's grave, his family asked for his body to be brought to California, since well they are from here. I kneel down and take some flowers from the grave behind it, muttering an apology to the dead body, I am probably going to Hell for this.

I spot James in the parking lot , leaning against the back of his car. "Hey , hey it's okay" I whisper putting my arms around James' neck.

"This is why I wanted you away from me, I am dangerous."

"You are not going to repeat your mistakes from the past." I hug him tightly.

"Why do you keep doing this?"

I move my head away from his chest to look at him in the eyes , "What am I doing wrong James , would you please tell me?" I ask raising my voice with every word ,I'm starting to get pissed off.

"This, you are always so comprehensive"

"Why? Why won't you believe i want to help you? And that i really like you and I feel like you deserve a second chance to start over and forget."

"No, I don't."

"Stop it! Stop trying to make me hate you! Is that what you want? You want me to hate you? Is this why you asked me to be your girlfriend? Because you wanted to show me how bad of a guy you are, that you are a liar? How you-" I push him in the chest with every word, and he cuts me off before i can finish.

He takes my head with both of his hands and kisses me slowly from my upper lip to my lower lip , tasting my lips. I move my hands to his dark hair and pull his head closer to mine , he smiles as he opens the door of his car and we both get in.

I slid my leg between James and lean my body against his now unbuttoned shirt, my heart starts to beat faster and faster as I feel his chest against mine with the same speed. His arms seems to go around my waist of their own accord. I'm just small enough to fit between him and the steering wheel. We stare into each others eyes for a moment , I bet he is thinking the same thing I am.

"We need music." we both say simultaneously, then crack up in laughter. He turns the key and the car turns on, making the radio turn on with it. "If I'm James Dean, You're Audrey Hepburn" by Sleeping with Sirens starts to play loudly.

He moves his head towards me to sing in my ear the lyrics of the song:

"They say that love is forever,

Your forever is all that I need,

Please stay as long as you need,

Can't promise that things won't be broken ,

But I swear that I will never leave

Please stay forever with me" His breathe smells like... apple juice(?), I actually like it, even though I hate apples.

Rain starts to fall now , getting us wet because we left the door open. I smile looking at his eyes again , why do they fascinate me so much? James wakes me up of my thoughts by running his hand from my cheek to the lowest part of my back.

Kissing my neck then up to my mouth , he's gentle now , he's kissing me softly, lightly, like my lips are a crystal and he might break them if he goes any faster. This only makes me want more. I kiss his top lip then his bottom lip slowly drawing out the kiss as he did before. I place both of my lips on both of his and when I open my mouth so does he, when my tongue touch his––there was a tingled and an odd buzzing in my ears.

I break apart gasping for air and frown for a moment "Was that a clap of thunder?"

He shrugs and kisses me again , deepening the kiss, he kisses me so thoroughly that makes me forget what was important just a moment ago. I pull back again and smile at him a moment , then run a thumb under his bottom lip. I lean in to rest in his chest, as i have done many times before.

" I-I just don't want you to walk away when you know the true me." He whispers, almost too quietly , i can barely hear him.

"I won't…" I put my arms around him to hug him tightly and breathe in his cologne.

                                                                  ~*~*~*~*~

"So..." Lulu leans on the cafeteria table wide eyed.

"So what?" I ask her as James and I take a seat across from her.

She rolls her eyes, "You know..."

"What!" I'm getting impatient.

"Have you guys... done it?" She smirks.

"God, Lulu!" I blush a light pink and look over at James to find him chuckle by my side.

"What? It has been 3 months , what are you guys waiting for?"

"Patience Lulu." James smiles down at me and let go of my hand, to slide his slowly until it touched my thigh, I swallow, feeling like I need air. Is it hot in here or is it just me?

"Normal guys aren't that perfect..." She takes a pause to examine James , then she leans over the table and ask us to do the same thing , when we did she opens her mouth to whisper "Are you gay?"

James and Lulu crack in laughter as I snap at her "Lulu! What is wrong with you today?..." I trail off blushing even more as I feel more tightly James grip in my thigh , he started to trail letters with his finger "U-R-P-E-R-F-E-C-T" He was so casual eating his fries while I am here trying really hard not to drown in my yogurt.

I didn't feel uncomfortable at all , I am feeling ... Hot. I sound like one of those crazy girls that are horny all the time.

James leans in to whisper in my ear "Relax," and bent down to place a peck on my red cheek.

Lulu sighs "Aw," She looks at us like we are one of the couples in the romance movies that she makes me watch with her all the time.

"Susan Hodges, daughter of Kate Scoldato to the principal's office please" We heard from the speakers. Wait... that's me! I haven't done anything wrong , have I?

James frowned at me when I stood up , but the only thing I do is shrug , I honestly have no idea what's going on. I ask James to wait with Lulu when I see him get up.

"Hi Ms. Hodges , Ms. Rodriguez is waiting." Greets the office secretary.

I step in into the principles office, " I swear I haven't don-" I start but freeze when I spot the person sitting inside.

Kira?

                                                  *******************************************

A/N: Next chapter you will finally find out what's wrong with Kira.

Thank you sooo much for editing Syd (NotThereYet132) :D

Review and let me know what you think :D

Oh and i want to give a bear hug to all the people that favorite or follows this story. I love you c: