PROLOGUE

🌷🌷🌷

It was busy in the city of Seoul in that particular afternoon. The constant beeping and honking of trafficked vehicles resonated the pavements as the people of the night market started piling up the expanses on the sideways of the streets.

In a particular humble construction, Baekhyun was busy wiping the tables of his sweet pastry and coffee shop tidily, as he spun the wrappers and disposable cups, shoving it in the trash bag he was carrying. The last customer of the shop has been satisfied and he decided to close it earlier today because he heard that there would be a storm coming tomorrow.

The cold breeze and cloudy skies coming from the outside was enough to tell that the weather report is apparently true as he glimpsed at the vendors on the night market empathetically.

These days like this made him crave and wanted a cup of warm coffee so he decided to prepare for one. He poured espresso into his big mug, which is then filled with creamy milk and foam to make a cappuccino. He delightfully sipped into it and smiled at the delicious taste. Getting a table in the farthest end of his shop behind the huge glass windows, he cut a slice of his best selling cheesecake to complete his afternoon delight.

Upon feeling the solitude of the atmosphere, he accidentally thought of his past and he couldn't prevent the cold embers trying to burn his heart.

He heaved a sigh.

He remembered the last time he saw Chanyeol in person on the latter's wedding day. He could feel the words coming out his lips as he broke the connection between them, and he couldn't prevent to sigh. Another sip as he cut the slice of dessert infront of him with a fork and ate it. The rich creamy flavor swam in his mouth.

He never heard of Chanyeol anymore since it happened almost five years from now, never saw his shadow, even knowing where he is residing now. Yes, Sehun told him he's still managing businesses abroad and busy about all the wrecks in his life but honestly, Baekhyun never thought that he would survive this long without Chanyeol. And he's happy and quite strong to even do that after all.

Even so, Baekhyun often silently pray for his health, safety and most of all happiness. He can't hate Chanyeol that much, he'd become a part of him that he couldn't just throw away so instead of forgetting him, which isn't even possible, he began accepting that he's no longer his. And everyone should move on.

Chanyeol became popular as expected of him, being the heir of the Parks. Famous in a way with a family of four, Dara and two young boys in case you're wondering- or which he knew from the newspapers. The things that he wished when he was still young. Baekhyun smiles thinly, sighing, he remembered the dreams they dreamt together that never happened.

He shook the ideas in his mind as he took a sip of his coffee. The warmth swam down his throat to wash the cold feeling seeping though his chest.

Deep inside him, he really hope that his ex is happy with his life now. Time might separate them together, but Baekhyun realized that feeling bitter about his abandonment to him wasn't gonna help him in any sort of way. People come and go, and the best thing to do is accept what has been done, that's what he always tells himself.

Before, he couldn't meet those jetblack eyes even behind the TV screens whenever Chanyeol would look straight on the lenses from time to time. But as time passes by, he could finally able to withstand the burning feeling in his heart, he already accepted that the butterflies on his stomach did really died along the struggle he made into the dreadful years of hurting until he couldn't feel any tingles anymore. He would smile sadly for himself whenever he realizes that there's nothing he can do about it. Yes, his heart had been burnt for months, for years, but time really wrapped it up and let it mend his broken heart into one piece again and here he was, still alive and kicking.