Chapter 26

Aiden's POV

I was a little shaky from everything that was happening, and now Grandma's question has made me even more nervous. Blake looked at me and I knew that he was waiting for my approval before he says anything. I nodded my head to let him know to continue. "Well. You already have met him," Blake casually said. I could see confusion come across on a few faces of his family.

"What do you mean that we've already met him?" His Aunt Amanda asked.

"Well, I would like to officially introduce Aiden." He pulled me forward a little bit. "My boyfriend." I could see a few shocked looks. 

"Wait, so is he not staying with you guys then?" Grandma asked.

"No. He is. He needed a place to stay, so we took him in," Julie answered. I could see Grandma's wheels turning as she was thinking, but she didn't say anything else. Everyone slowly just went back to what they were doing and I decided to go sit back down.

Blake finally made his way back over to me a while later with a plate of dessert and the glass of water that I asked for. "Grandma's famous pie," he said as he sat down. "You sure you don't want to try some?" He asked while holding a fork full in my direction.

"I'm sure." I answered.

He shrugged, "Your lost." He told me and then took a bite.

"Are you okay?" I asked him.

"Yeah. Why wouldn't I be?"

"You were pretty shaky back there."

"Yeah, but I'm fine."

"You sure?" He nodded his head.

"Aiden. Aiden. Aiden." Blake's cousin, Holly, came running up to me chanting.

"Holly. Holly. Holly." I responded.

"I need help."

"With what?"

"I want to play cards with them." She pointed over to a group of kids sitting in a circle. "But." She leaned in closer to me and whispered, "I don't know how to read them."

 I smiled at her. "Do you want me to play with you?" She nodded her head. I handed Blake my glass and walked over to the group. I sat down on the floor and Holly got herself comfortable on my lap. The group decided that they wanted to play go-fish, and I learned quickly that Blake's family is super competitive. Round after round went by as one was never happy with outcome of the game. Holly fell asleep by the third round and by the fifth I was getting bored of the game. "Hey guys, I think I'm going to call it quits," I told them as they were discussing about starting the sixth round.

"That means that you automatically lose the whole game," Blake's cousin, Toby, told me.

"That's a hard bargain little mister. But I think I'll take it." I got up, picking Holly up with me and walked to the couch to where Blake had migrated and sat down next to him.

"You're good with kids," he told me when I sat down.

I looked down at Holly who had stayed asleep the whole time I was moving. "How old is she?"

"Almost three."

"She is cute."

"Yeah. I used to watch her when she was a baby. Lets just say that she's the reason I want kids."

"And you will make a great father one day," I told him.

"So will you."

"Knowing how you took care of her as a baby and seeing Aiden with her now. Both of you will make a fantastic pair of parents one day," his Aunt Kathy, and Holly's mom told us. I smiled up at her. "Looks like I know who to call if I need a babysitter."