Break My Mind

(#This is the big one, folks. The fateful event that caused the events of Five Night's at Freddy's. I hope you'll enjoy it, because my vocabulary is a bit basic, as you can see in previous chapters. BUT! That doesn't matter. Hope you'll enjoy! Roll the intro! {INSERT INTRO HERE})

Sammy awoke at the stroke of 12 o'clock. He shivered a little; Night 5 was always the most exhausting for him, since the Nightmares would pop up non-stop, not giving the boy any chance for a rest.

He jumped straight off of his bead, and immediately went to the left door. Sammy creaked it slightly open and closely listened for heavy breathing, if he heard the breathing that meant they were right outside. 

He heard none.

He shined his flashlight down the hallway and did not spot any monster animatronics. 

Odd. 

Normally Nightmare Bonnie would've already made his move by now, but if the rabbit was there, he did't make any telltale sign that he was.

Sammy rushed to the door on the right, and flashed his light. No giant yellow chicken spotted.

He didn't bother to check the closet, since Nightmare Foxy always made a sound cue when he entered, and so far, Sammy had not heard a thing.

It was when he looked at the bed did he notice something amiss. 

Fredbear was gone. 

There were no Freddles either, at least two of them should be there right now. But they weren't.

Sammy started shaking nervously; the only reason he actually made it through the night without breaking his mind, was because he had Fredbear watching him like a hawk. Now the Plushie was missing, Sammy couldn't help but feel exactly the same way as he did when he first faced the Nightmares; terrified beyond belief.

Nevertheless, he knew he had a job to do.

So instead of sitting down in the corner and crying like he did in real life, Sammy repeated his cycle of moving between door to door to bed for a while, but not once did he ever see any of the Nightmares lurking about.

Sammy, tired from all the rushing about and the lack of adrenaline, sat down in front of the bed and relaxed. The only sound he could hear was the pouring rain outside. It was calming to him. He looked at his alarm clock, and noticed the time read 3:58.

'2 hours to go...' He thought. It seemed strange to him, but a part of Sammy was actually getting worried over the fact that none of the Nightmares were around. Even the Freddles were absent for the entire night.

His life was a vicious cycle of dealing with abuse and bullying during the day, and fighting against giant animatronic animals hunting him down during the night.

Maybe the Nightmare's had taken pity on the boy, and decided to give him the night off?

Sammy smiled at the thought. Some time in peace would make him happy. 

Then his clock hit 4:00.

The sound of a deep laugh came from the left hallway. 

The laugh sent alarm bells ringing inside Sammy's head. This had been a new noise, one he wasn't ever familiar with. Sammy ran to the respective door and shined his flashlight immediately at the strange laugh. 

The child felt his heart stop as he noticed a new monster standing down the hallway. 

The sight of it sent extreme fear and horror into Sammy's heart. Not because of the size, not because of the extra set of teeth on the stomach, not even the glaring red eyes were the reason behind his terror.