seven | secret favour

————side quest

————
side quest.
————

"Where is it?" She says pushing her temper. "Bitch! You think I'll tell you anything?!"  He exclaims. He suddenly wiggles out of Jade's grasp and makes a run for the exit, only for Jade to shoot him in his left leg twice. Crashing in  middle of the dance floor, she approaches him again. "You really wanna die here, huh?" Jade taunts Mike as she puts him in a headlock, a gun pointed at his temple. Suddenly she hears a groan from behind her and instantly she shoots the guard in the head; as his head goes limp on the ground. Disco lights still illuminate the empty bar as well as  shattered glass, bodies and blood. "Give me something." Pulling the hammer of the gun while pushing the gun into his head. A minute goes by with silence and Jade punches Mike's gunshot wound on his leg. Shouts fill the air and Jade holds him tighter in the headlock. "Alright!  Alright!" He screams in pain. Jade only smirks as she's won. "Broadway."  He starts telling her, panting in between breaths. "What about it?" She asked, demeaning. "There's a chop shop three blocks from Broadway.  That's where the car is being transported." Mike said wincing in pain.  Jade can feel his throat throb beneath her leather sleeve; begging for air. "Transported by who?"

~~~~

"Holy shit, Jonathan!" Addy said  shockingly as she leaned in and gave John a kiss on the cheek. "Addy." John greeted her. "God! How long has it been? Four years?" She asked  with a smile. "Five years and a change," John said. Interested, Addy leaned onto the counter excitedly. "So tell me, how is life on the other side? And, how's Jade? I heard she's here with you. I miss her." She asked. "It was good Addy. Far better than I deserved." He said plainly. 'It was good'  John silently thought to himself. "Jade's great. She's almost done her second year of university." John said. "Wow. Busy girl. Proud of her." Addy said impressed as she took a glass and handed it over to the other bartender from behind. Looking down with a dropped smile, she gave her  condolences and was quickly given a 'thanks' by John. He has been hearing all around him, as he didn't need to be reminded. "I've never seen you like this." He hears her voice  snap his attention back on her. "Like what?" curiously asked.  "Vulnerable." Addy honestly says. It seemed so foreign to him for everyone to see him like this. Life on the other side had sure made its changes. John thought it could've been because of love he is [temporarily] back, or something else. It bothered him how everyone could see but him. John never thought of it thoroughly, until now. Music  from the stage and filled the room and the green lights illuminated the bar,  giving everything a neon touch. "I'm retired," John claimed, his voice stoic like always.

Addy, crossing her arms as she stood back up from the  counter. "Not if you're drinking here you're not." She said solely, with a little bit of seduction in her voice. A short wave of silence between them occurred, but Addy smiled as he continued. "Usual?" She asked  pointing to the bottle of bourbon behind her. "Please," John said kindly. He looked over, observing. The green and red lights making it so sinister in such an odd matter. "Compliments of the house." Addy said and slid over the drink and the napkin. John quickly gave thanks as she disappeared from his sight. A lipstick kiss stain was paired with the location of Iosef. Looking over, Winston raises his glass and tipped his head. The location on the napkin displayed 'Red Circle' in cursive, and John gave a thankful nod as he started to head back to his room to get ready. Pulling out his phone, John dialled his daughter's number.

~~~~

Locking her car and putting the keys into her pocket, she approaches the small nightclub. With a  flashing pink sign that read 'Club Ekko'. Entering the club, Jade is  surrounded by people dancing, flashing lights and loud music blasting  through windows. She sat at the bar, looking down at her phone and  ignoring the commotion behind her. The bartender approached her with a  small cloth over his shoulder and two empty glasses. "Sake please." Jade  asked and the bartender nodded as he headed to get her drinks. "You know you're not in Japan right?" A voice asked beside her. Looking over a man about her age with brown and blonde hair said. His face was thin, had some facial hair as well and was wearing a black tracksuit with a leather jacket and a gold ring. His voice was calm but had a mysterious  tone to it. "I just needed something light. I'm driving." Jade replied  as the bartender handed over her glass of sake. "Mike. Mike Smith." He  introduced himself. "Jade." Taking a sip, Jade could see the gold ring  reflect on her glass. "Driving huh? What cars are you into?" He asked  fidgeting with his ring. Out of one of his pockets, she could see a  golden card peak out of the fabric. She put her glass down as she  glanced at him. "I'm actually looking for a car," Jade said looking down at her glass. "American muscle car. 1969 Mach 1 Mustang. Not to be mistaken for a 429 Boss Mustang, however." She said and slowly glanced at him. Suddenly five guards were surrounding the two as she finished her glass of sake. Swiftly taking out her gun, she shot the nearest guard in the head from below and shot Mike in the arm; taking this opportunity, Jade was able to escape being captured as the four other bodyguards and Mike running for cover. Gunshots fill the room as the club goers run out for safety and the music still lingering. Jade then shot one guard in the foot and grabbed him from the other side the shield herself from the other bullets coming from other guards across from her.

Shooting them in the head, a bouncer suddenly took her down, body checking her. She fell but quickly spun around the man and was able to subdue him; spinning and using his arm and weight to flip him over, whilst breaking his arm.  Shooting the bouncer with her gun and finally getting up, her gun was quickly knocked out of her hand. Another bouncer kicked her in the chest, and then later swung and punched her in the shoulder hard. The impact made her fall over, only to swiftly swing her legs and sweep his leg. Finally, she grabbed her knife from her ankle and as she quickly dodged a knife the man had stabbed into the ground. Getting up, she used this chance to kick the man's leg hard; dislocating his joint and then later throwing her knife right into his head.

One last guard had appeared shooting from the bar and using it as a shield. She quickly dodged the bullets, and travelled closer to the bar. The shooting stopped and the sounds of clicking were heard from behind the bar. Jade  quickly jumped over the bar and kicked the man reloading his gun. She was then grabbed by the guard by her jacket and neck as he smashed her into the displays—the glass bottles shattering below her. Her hand reached out behind her, taking a broken bottle, she then stabbed the man in the gut as he let go of her from the pain. The glass shattering on the floor, she jumped over the counter to grab a gun, only to be pulled back by the man. "Shit!" Jade muttered to herself  as she used all her might to turn around. Now facing the guard, she slammed his head forcefully on the counter, hearing his skull crack. Seeing an empty bottle on the bar counter, she quickly took it and ended the man's life, shattering it upon his head as he knocked out and fell behind the counter.

Jade takes a heavy sigh as the room finally went silent and the flashing lights illuminate all the bodies sprawled across the floor. An odd sight—saturated colours of the club illuminate the dead bodies around her. She stands up and grabs her gun on the floor, reloading it. Groans suddenly fill  the room as she sees Mike holding his bleeding arm on the ground, while at the same time crawling to the door in utter pain.

She smiled to herself as she walked over to him, putting her gun to his head and in a headlock. "No, no!" He pleaded in pain. "I'm not finished with you yet," Jade spat as he winced in pain. "Fuck you, bitch." He spat back. Frustrated, Jade  took his head and slammed it onto the ground. Sticky blood appeared on the ground as his nose had broken and started to bleed. He screamed in pain as she held his head with his hair. Putting the gun back to his temple and back into a headlock. "Tell me now. Where is it?" Jade spat, interrogating him.

~~~~