five | think

————father-daughter duo

————
father-daughter duo.
————

Three knocks from the main entrance door echo through the house as Jade and John step off their victims and answer the door. John slightly hiding behind the door and Jade slightly hiding behind him. "Evenin' John, Jade." Said Jimmy. "Evening Jimmy." John said with blood and sweat stains painted in his face. Jade gave a small wave and fake smile, all knowing she also had a blood and sweat stained face of her own. "Noise complaint?" John said and Officer Jimmy just nodded. "Noise complaint." His attention moved from John and Jade to the two bodies from the far end of the hallway; blood splattered everywhere. Both of them sensed that Officer Jimmy's heart stopped working for a moment, knowing exactly what was going on. "You...both working again?" He asked and cocked an eyebrow. "No just sorting some stuff out." John said, looking back at the bodies that bled on the hallway. There was an awkward pause between the three. "Well, I'll leave you both to it." His demeanour looked genuinely curious, but both father and daughter could see the slight terrified look behind his fake façade. "Goodnight John, Jade." He said as he stepped off of the Wick's porch. "Goodnight Jimmy." Was all John said. "Goodnight, Officer Jimmy." Jade quipped before hearing his goodbyes and John closing the door. Red and blue lights illuminate the dark home inside as the two look at each other. A beat passes by the two and Jade kneeled down to her victim and grabbed what was in his gloved hand. Her Daisy bracelet from her mom. She firmly clipped the bracelet together, but as she did it fell out of her hands. Some blood had stained the sliver metal, giving it a bright red spots on the metallic flowers petals. John's hand had reached the bracelet right before Jade had reached down to grab it and he grabbed a handkerchief from his suit and gently cleaned the bracelet. Bringing back it's metallic sliver shine it had to it.

All she did was smile as she lend out her wrist and let her father put the bracelet back onto her wrist. She remembered that her mom would put it on her, matching her mother. 'Their special lucky charm' they would say. Jade didn't consider it a lucky charm before, but more of a memento of her mom. But if she lives through this mission with her dad, she can bet herself that the daisy decoration is for certain, a charm bracelet.

After John firmly clipped the bracelet, he also gave a glance at her tattoo. Identical to the one on his back. Jade gave a small smile and instantly had engulfed her body in his and her arms around him. Her face dug into his chest. The sudden action made John tense up, but he then instantly embraced her back. Taking her in his arms and laying a hand on the back of her head; Kissing her forehead as well. "Thank you." She said muffled in his suit. The memory of Jade at a young age always wanting hugs from him made John smile. Some things don't change. Helen always said that Jade was just like him. Although he would see most similarities between Helen and Jade, he was slowly seeing himself in his daughter more and more as she grew up. He never expected someone to be just like him after all the dread and the death he caused for so many people in his life. Her small frame seemed to cuddle deeper into his chest as he kissed her forehead. He let her have one more big embrace before letting go. "12:00 reservation?" Jade asks, looking around them. Their home now littered with empty bullet shells, guns, blood and dead bodies. John let out a short sigh. "Yeah."

~~~~

A few figures with guns and flash lights started to roam the staircase and living room. Suddenly, John grabbed one of the men, taking them down and holding his hand tight as he shot down the other men around him. Jade had followed, shooting the men around her as well as grabbing one of the men on the staircase and throwing them over the railings. Running down to the first floor, one of the men had jabbed through the wall with a knife. Stabbing the wall behind her and she trapped his arm, and struck him in the neck with the bottom of her gun. He fell onto the floor weak and two other men had appeared at the ends of the two hallways. She ducked so fast that the bullets they both shot had hit the man that fell. She took that moment to shoot the man in on one side of the hallway and turned to shoot the other man on the other side. Their bodies falling dead to the ground; blood everywhere.

She followed the sounds of guns going off as she found her father shooting them in the head with one bullet and they went limp. Out of nowhere one of the men took Jade to the ground, dropping her gun across the floor. Before she could retract the gun back in her hand, the man had grabbed a hold of her wrist and trapped it on the ground. She felt her bracelet unlatch from her wrist. He pulled out his knife as she deflected it and he stabbed the ground beside her. Using her whole body she flipped over the man and she straddled her victim as she pulled out her knife and was about to stab him. Suddenly the man had kicked her off with his leg. Jade regained her balance quickly, as she spun around and stabbed right down in the chest; Killing him instantly. She lay there with her hands still gripped on the knife. Jade noticed when she had killed the man, it went all silent. She looked over to John, to see him in the exact position.

Red and blue lights illuminate the house as John and Jade both look at each other; with the same thought and same look on their face.

~~~~

Jade watched the cleaners come in and sterilize the home and collect the countless bodies lying around her house. Mops and cleaning appliances filled the house, as well as the smell of the chemicals made their way to her nostrils. The dead bodies were wrapped in cellophane and duct tape, and soon after carried out of the Wick's home. After they were done, she followed John and the man to their doorstep; John handing several gold coins to the man. "Will I be seeing more of you two?" He asked. "Goodnight Charlie." John dismissed and he tipped his hat as they finished their job and drove out of their driveway.

"Get your bags. We're heading to the Continental." John said as he lead Jade back inside and closed the door behind them. She gave a small smirk and a nod as she headed upstairs. Oddly enough, the Continental in New York was one of her favourite places to reside in when her and her dad were on missions. Heading upstairs and grabbing her bags from her bedroom, she was ready to get to the Continental once again—excitement filling her veins.

~~~~

The sun arose as they drove through freeways and through the Brooklyn Bridge to the City that Never Sleeps. During the duration of the ride, Jade took the chance to get some sleep. She had gotten used to having a good schedule when she was being trained, but after retiring and going to school, sleep seemed almost a luxury. It felt like she was starting a new life. A new life with all the familiarities. No; she was going back to her previous life, but from a new perspective. Especially now with her father. As they finally arrived, she woke from her small nap to see the shining Big Apple in midst daylight. She fluttered her eyes to adjust to the light, stretched her legs in front of her and had one of her father's leather jackets wrapped around her securely. She smirked as he slowed down and parked beside the Continental—the nostalgic excitement filling her veins.

~~~~