11 | Is Love Worth Fighting For?

Start from the beginning

She was right, after all, there is a stair that leads me to the dungeon but ... which side should I take? The left or the right? Or is it lead to the same dungeon?

I decided to go left and walk down the stairs. The lower I get, the stronger the stench of rotting flesh invading my nostril. Is this the path to my students?

It turns out it is and my students have been living with this stench for how many days now.

"Alani?! Are you okay?" I asked when I noticed she's looking pale.

"Principal! Please, help us! We haven't had any decent food for 2-3 days now. We lost count of the days gone by." Alyssa ... frantically inform me. This is bad ... Alani's not looking too good.

"What happened to Alani?" I asked as I tried to find the right key. 

"She complains of having bad headaches yesterday. Now she's suffering from a fever. I think ... it's the rats that have been walking around us. This place is not for the faint of heart, ma'am." Alyssa explained.

"Any other of you are sick as well?" She nodded and pointed at several students who lie down on the dirty floor.

"Let get your all out of here." I managed to open the door. Sash will have a fit once she knows what happened to her students.

I'll pray for the princes' survival.

***

"What do you mean I can't see my own daughter? Albert, what's going on?!" I rush towards the Queen's side when one of her chamberlains inform me about the princes' irrelevant rule.

"Mother! Please, do not make such scene. I know what I'm doing!" Did he just raise his voice towards his mother, the queen?!

"ALBERT! Open this damn door now or I'll swear I'll ask Natalya to do something about this!" I smiled at the prince. His eyes slightly widen but he kept his cool.

"Just open the door, Albert." Prince Martin and his other two brothers agreed to let the queen enter the room. Albert sigh before taking a side step, letting their mother open the door.

I followed the queen from behind and I was surprised to see the state of this room before noticing the princess laying on the bed, crying her heart out.

"Adelaide?" The queen called out to her before she jolted up from the bed and went to hug her mother.

"Did a tornado went through this room? What happened here?" I asked as I sat at the edge of the princess's bed.

"Sasha ... what happened to her?!" She pulled away and frantically asked about my daughter.

"Don't worry. She's my daughter after all. She's on her way back from the war zone. Once she knows what happened to you and her students, I'm sure your brothers will learn how to be civilized." I smiled at the princess.

Suddenly, Valentine appeared by the door with a smile.

"Sasha's home and so does Durov. I need you to come down now. They're in front of the palace, blood everywhere." Yikes. I stood up from the bed and together with Valentine, we went down to the front of the palace.

"What's the cause of this fight in the first place?" I asked Silas who watched the fight.

"Eh ... Hmm ... Durov started it. That's why ... he's practically being beaten down by Sasha. That girl .. she still got it." Silas sighs heavily.

"She still got it Huh." Valentine chuckled, bemused by what he sees.

"What are you doing here? Happy that your daughter manages to beat an entire platoon of a trained soldier while my son twisted his ankle at the very first hour of his mission? Don't forget they came out from the same woman." Silas froze.