I managed to be on time for English Literature, but not before I received the whole speech of how brilliant I was and why there shouldn't be a second chance for lateness from Ms. Potter.

Now I'm here, in the last class of the day, wishing that I could get out. To just disappear in thin air.

My mind is filled with ideas on how to save my brother. It's something I have been thinking about for quite some time but just now I have this urge to take him out of our once happy house.

I look at the clock, completely ignoring what Mrs. Easton is saying.

Two minutes and then I'm out.

Deep breaths, Lina.

Only one now.

"That's it for now, guys. See you Monday for the test about the inequations we saw today," my teacher says, managing to make everyone groan.

What a great weekend. Spend it studying when I could be playing with Sammy.

The bell rings and in a matter of seconds, I grab my backpack and head to the door, taking my cell phone out of my jeans pocket to tell my friends that I can't see them after class today.

I text them on our Snapchat group chat called The Powerpuff Girls, managing not to bump into anyone on my way to the parking lot. Can't wait for you two today, sorry. But I need to go somewhere.

Eric is the one who chose the name in my defense.

Ella quickly replies back. Alright, see you at the party then. I have a dentist appointment tomorrow morning. It sucks, I know.

I sigh at her message. She wants me to go to this party so badly when I don't really know if I should. Rolling my eyes is getting very frequent now.

Eric, the bestie: It's fine. I need to talk to my mom about my grades anyway. Busy afternoon.

I can't help but giggle at what he chose for his contact name. Good luck with that. I quickly texted before putting away my cell phone since I'm already next to my car.

The present I got from my parents on my sixteenth birthday. They said it would help me deal with more responsibilities. Now, if I had to depend on Tom to get around, I would probably stay home all the time.

My dad told me he would pick up Sammy after school, so I didn't have to worry but my heart still twisted when he said that. What if he ran away with my brother?

All I can trust is that he is calmer during the day, so he probably won't do anything crazy that could put Samuel's life in danger. Or let's just hope.

With so much worry and stress in my daily life, I go to the one and only place I feel at peace and maybe it can help me find a reasonable solution to my brother and I's situation.

My mom's grave.

Just when I enter Miss Daisy's Flower Shop, I'm greeted with the typical bell on the door and the smell of recently picked flowers. The ones I'm here for.

"Hi dear, how are you?" Miss Daisy asks me, her caring voice welcoming me to the place I've visited the most this past year. I just smile because I know if I talk about the slightest part of my feelings, I will break.

She gives me a sad and understanding smile back from the balcony before heading inside to grab my mom's favorite bouquet.

In the meantime, I keep looking around at the flower shop. It is so welcoming with flower vases on the floor and some hanging from the ceiling, stopping almost at my height.