Chapter 13

Hi guys, one more chapter is all I have for this story... this chapter will be intense and long, so prepare the tissues ^^. I'm no spoiling the ending but if you know me, you know I love the cliffhanger and the twist so, believe me, the next chapter will surprise you ^^

NOTE 1: Everything in bold italics, it will be the character's narrative, I mean, like an internal dialogue, their thoughts.

NOTE 2: The * X * it's to mark the beginning of a new scene, I mean, a change of scenario and everything between parentheses () it's to describe the scene.

I hope it's clear and thank you in advance if you have the time to leave a review! Have a great day!

Chapter 13

*** Alison's narrative***

Everything comes to an end eventually. The only difference is whether it happens sooner or later. And even as we sense that the end is nigh, we spend another day idling in this cradle of our lives...

Emily says with a smile. – "I can't believe we're doing this..."

Alison holds her hand and, the brunette looks at her, Emily's smile gets bigger when she locks eyes with Alison...

Alison whispers with a sexy voice. – "You and me in sweet Paris... how does that sound?"

Emily leans and softly kisses the blonde while she says. – "Perfect... just perfect..."

One year... 12 months... 365 days... that was the time, life was giving her and, Alison has decided to spend each second of this year with her beautiful mermaid. Paris, Rome, Venezia... the girls did a tour in Europe and it was perfect... kissing in the top of the Eiffel tower, eating pizza in Italy, holding hands in the cities of lovers...

Emily softly puts Alison's hair behind her ear and, the butterflies in her stomach just fly, fly free while those two beautiful blue eyes stare at her with so much love...

Alison caresses Emily's cheek and says. – "I love you... never forget that..."

It was bitter sweet to hear those 3 words 8 letters coming from Alison's mouth because Emily knew... she knew that the clock was ticking; Emily knew this wasn't going to be her 'forever' and, even if Alison has already made peace with it, Emily hasn't...

Emily cries. – "I... I..."

Alison hugs her and says. – "Don't cry Em, please don't cry..."

The brunette grips on the blonde and sobs. – "Why we can't stay like this forever?! Why you've to die! Why?! Is it really such a bad thing to want you with me forever? Aren't we allowed to think about the future?"

Alison caresses Emily's head while she keeps hugging her and says. – "Life is ephemeral, Em... most of the time we don't know when death will knock our door but, I know... you know and we both know too that we can't change my fate..."

The blonde breaks the hug; with her hands, Alison clears the messy tears of the brunette; they lean their front-head together and with their eyes locked in each other, the blonde says...

Alison. – "I want to make you happy as long as I live and, as long as you don't let me go... as long as we're able to make real memories, I believe that even if I'm not physically here, in this earth..." (She puts her hand over Emily's chest and says with a wrenching-heart voice) "I'll always live in your heart..." (tears)

Emily smiles with sadness; she puts her hand over Alison's hand and, once again, the brunette leans towards the blonde and, kisses her, Emily kisses her deeply like if there wasn't a tomorrow...