three

It's been nearly a month now since Draco was released. About a week before Hermione's due date, she and Ron went home. Which left Alex and I alone with our thoughts. After the day we saw Draco in the store, we hadn't seen or heard from him since. Alex and I had gotten back to our routines. Alex works at Ai Fiori as a manager, and I work as a freelance journalist. The best part of what I do, is that I work from home. All of my articles get published under a pseudonym, to boost the anonymity factor.

             It seemed like any normal Thursday at first glance, but something was off right away. "Alex, baby?" I called out into the apartment, hearing him rummage around in the kitchen. I walked into the room, seeing him getting a cup of coffee. "You alright?" He nodded silently and continued to make the coffee. "Liar. What's the matter?" 

               "I'm fine, Harry." He muttered, pouring himself a cup of coffee. The rest of time before he left for work, was spent in silence. I was confused, to say the least. We were perfectly fine last night. We had gone out to dinner and a movie, it was an amazing night.

               Giving up, I went to my computer to check my business e-mail. Only certain companies have access to this e-mail account. Since Draco was released, I've been avoiding my personal e-mail. I've become paranoid after Draco texted me that first night. I haven't a clue how he found my phone number, I've changed it once a year since he was put away in case he found me. The only thing that makes sense, is that he found me in the city. He knew I wanted to go to New York, so it makes sense that he would have found me here. It's not exactly like I was hidden that much. Technically speaking, anyone could just look up my name and find an address somewhere.

                  I had ten e-mails waiting to be answered from different news outlets looking for a specific article, but I wasn't in the mood to write what they were looking for. I opened up a word document and was thinking about what to write when I got a notification on my phone.

From: Baby(:

I'm sorry about this morning, I was just tired. Woke up on the wrong side and what-not. 

To: Baby(:

It's alright, I was just worried about you.

From: Baby(:

Don't be, I'm alright. I promise. I'll probably be staying a bit late tonight, the night manager is sick. I'll message you later.

To: Baby(:

Okay, that's alright. Just text me when you're on your way home. Okay? x

                When I got no response, I left it. He was probably busy at work, anyway.  An hour passed and I continued to stare at the empty word document. Still no idea what to write, and I hated it. I gave up on trying to write and decided to watch something on Netflix for the day instead. I turned on Supernatural and continued from where I left off. Season eleven, episode eight. 

ALEXANDER'S POV, LATER THAT NIGHT

                 It was nearly midnight when I got off work. Fucking Steven had to go and get sick on the busiest day of the year, naturally. I never take a taxi home from work, I walk nearly everywhere. It's soothing, the city's noise.

                 "I'll see you Monday, Sarah." I waved off to one of the bartenders, who smiled softly back. "Get home safe, alright?"

                 "You too, Xander. Tell Harry I say hello!" She waved, jogging off towards the nearest taxi. I made sure she got in safely before I started to walk towards the apartment. The hardest part of loving to walk everywhere, was that it was nearly a two hour minute walk to the apartment building. That's if I skip Central Park, it's an hour and a half if I walk through it. About twenty minutes of walking later, I started to get the sneaking suspicion I was being followed. I brushed it off and continued walking, dialing Harry's number to let him know I was on the way home.

                  "Hey, Alex. How was work?" He greeted, my heart a flutter. He always knew how to calm me down after a long day.

                  "Long. Steven was the one who got sick, which sucked. Today was extremely busy, but Sarah says hi." I explained, quickening my pace to get the feeling off my back.

                   "How's she doing, it's been a bit of a long time." Even over the phone, I could tell he hadn't moved all day. I heard him hit pause on whatever he was watching.

                   "She's well. How long has it been since you moved from your spot?" I heard him chuckle at my question. The feeling got worse, causing me to pause and turn my head slightly. As I listened to Harry's response, I noticed someone tailing me. "Say, babe. I should keep walking, I'm almost to Central Park. I love you." I smiled, waiting for his response before we hung up. I turned quickly to see the person was even closer, starting to run towards me. I broke into a sprint, passing trees. I tried my best to not trip up. I kept running, but just as I made it to the edge of the park, I tripped and hit my head. The last thing I saw before I blacked out, was a flash of blond.