26. Singing together

(The picture above is mine again. So yeah yeah, careful with our eyes...)

Tom's POV:

I smiled at Tord and handed him the picture back. I have to admit, he's really good. We went back to drawing. I continued my picture. I was drawing... KITTENS! I drew me, Matt, Edd and Tord as kittens.

I was blushing a little. 'Man, where did I get the inspiration? Oh wait, The Cats. Of course.' I chuckled quietly to myself.

It was silent in the room until... "Listen and hear a song the birds are singing..." Tord was quietly singing to himself. I pretended that I couldn't hear him since I wanted him to continue.

"Sit down a while and watch the flowers blooming..." He continued the song in a soft and beautiful tone. I glanced over at him and saw that he was smiling. That made me smile as well. I was happy that Tord was actually enjoying something for once.

"A plesant breeze flows by, leaving a trail of dust... This...is...your...fault, right?" His smile slowly faded as the last part came. I looked at the picture he was drawing. I recognised he was drawing himself in the picture. He was completly healed.

He had no crutches or bandages. Only his back was showed. I could see he was on some kind of hill. On a top of a hill. Flowers were surrounding him.

"Standing in the corridor, who thought we'd be here like this together? On a gorgeous day like this, I ask: 'What is it, that you want?'" He continued singing. His voice sounded beautiful! He started to add colours to his picture.

I then could see that it was sunset. He coloured the flowers different shades of yellow. Some of them looked like they were gold. He made his hoodie slightly pink and his pants were baby blue colour. It looked nice...

"I believe there was a time... Where we could be pals and things were better... Eating bad food, enjoying laughs... Can we go back to that?" His voice was now a little louder. He then started to draw the grass. It was green.

"If you're in there listening, kid, just reset the time line and let's please forget all of this..." His singing got louder and I think he was fully aware that I could hear him perfectly.

"Even after what you did, he believed in you... 'till the end... Looking at your face right now, that expression tells me I can't afford not to care anymore..." The song was really nice. I closed my 'eyes' and stopped drawing. I just focused on his voice...

"Turn this path around, wipe your dirty hands clean... Give up!" I opened them again and looked at him. My 'eyes' widened when I saw small tears forming in his eyes.

"Please don't come back, if you're my friend... Please." He paused for a while and took a deep breath. He tried to hold back his tears.

I glanced at his picture. There were so many colours, the picture was full of life! It was really beautiful. He was now making clouds. But then I noticed something black behind Tord... It looked like a shadow or a silouette...

"Listen and hear a song the birds are singing, sit down a while and watch the flowers blooming, a plesant breeze flows by leaving a trail of- How could have you done this?" I stayed silent and placed down my pencils.

"Is there still a glimmer of hope? Will you choose to do the right thing? Please now, bud, if you're there... Have...a change...of heart... Listen and hear a song the birds are singing, sit down a while and watch the flowers blooming... What a nice day..." He finished the song.

(This is the song, by the way... It's from Undertale, don't judge me...)

Tord's POV:

I stopped singing and stared at what I drew. I took a notice there a shadow was behind me... I knew exactly who that was... I sighed and then felt something hot and wet coming down my face... Tears...

I wiped them away. I didn't even know where did I hear that song and I had apsolutely no idea, why did I sing it. Then I heard someone clapping his hands.

My eyes widened and I froze. My cheeks were turning red as I looked over at Tom. He was smiling at me and clapping his hands. He stopped after a while. "That was...beautiful! What song was that?" He asked.

I stayed silent and tried to wake up from my trance. I thought about it. 'What was it's name? What was it?' I asked myself. Then I said something...

"Megalomaniac." I said. 'Was that it? The name... I was right...? But how did I know that?' I asked myself. "Oh." Tom said. I looked away, my face still red. I could hear Tom chuckle. "Hey, no need to be embarrassed about it." He said and smiled at me.

I looked up at him and returned the smile. "Okay, but now it's your turn to sing something!" I said. He stopped smiling and his 'eyes' widened. "U-umm..." His face turned red. I smirked at him and giggled. 'Cute...'

"What? Embarrassed?" He didn't answer. " Hey, there's no need to. I sang in front of you even though my voice is horrible and I hate it!" I said and put my hand on his shoulder. He looked at me, confused.

"What? Your voice is awesome! I love it!" He said and smiled at me. "Uhh, t-thanks." I said and blushed. He sighed. "Okay, I'll sing something..." He said. I smiled at him and listened. He took a deep breath.

"My lover's got humour, she's the giggle at a funeral. Knows everybody's disapproval, I should have worshiped her sooner." He started. 'Wait a minute... I know that song...'

Tord: If the heavens ever did speak, she's the last true mouthpiece.
Tom: Every Sunday's getting more bleak, fresh poison each week.
Tord: We were born sick...
Tom: You heard them say it....

I smiled at him and he smiled back. I knew exactly where this was going...and I enjoyed it. After a long time of terror and fear, I finally felt...safe and happy.

Tord: My church offers no absolution, she tells me: 'Worship in the bedroom.'
Tom: The only heaven I'll be sent to, is when I'm alone with you.
Tord: I was born sick...
Tom: But I love it...
Both: Command me to be well... Amen, amen, amen.

We sat there, singing this song. I loved it. When we finished it, I couldn't help myself. I jumped at him, ignoring the pain in my leg and pulled him into a strong hug, smiling. He smiled back and hugged me as well.

'God, I really love it when I can spend some time alone with Tom... I love it...and I love him...'