22: Parted Friends United

Lalaith opened her eyes and looked around her. It was dark all around her. She shook her and looked around herself. She was in a chamber. Her wrists tied with the chains, with the roof. Her feet were touching the ground. She looked at the roof, but it was too dark. She coughed and tried to move.

"Don't move." She looked in front of her, but there was no one there.

"Who are you?" She shouted sorrowfully. But she was also scared.

"You have forget me so easily?" The man asked. Lalaith looked up at the direction of the voice.

"Midas?" She whispered.

"Yes, it is me." He answered and the whole chamber was illuminated. Lalaith closed her eyes, unable to open her eyes after a long time in darkness.

"Where am I?"

"In the palace of The Land Of White. Wait for few minutes. Lady Thuna will come to investigate you." Lalaith opened her eyes and stared at him with shock. He looked elsewhere and continued talking. "She will give you a hard time. But you shouldn't give up, no matter what. I must leave now. She will kill me if she finds me here." He bowed and walked out of the room, shutting the door behind him.

I hope you all will keep moving, even if I am not with you. Please, don't lose hope. We still have time.

She stayed awake for many hours. There was no window in the chamber, so she could see how much time have passed. She was thinking to escape when the door burst open. Thuna walked inside with the two black dragons.

"So, you are so called Queen of the elven race." It wasn't a question, Lalaith was sure about it.

"Thuna?" She just whispered and looked at the ground below.

"Don't be sad. I will treat you in the best manner." Thuna said sarcastically. Lalaith closed her eyes tightly and took a deep breath. She slowly opened her eyes and looked up.

"Can't you turn your back on the darkness, Thuna?" Lalaith whispered.

"Again speaking nonsense." Her friend muttered and glared at her, as if trying to warn her.

"You have gone too far, you fool." One of the black dragon said with anger.

"I intended to go far. But.... I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be." Lalaith said more to Thuna than the black dragon. But she raised his anger. He moved behind her and lowered her chains. She fell on her knees. She was thinking about what she have done and what was going to happen to her when something hard hit her back and she screamed with pain.

She gasped for breath when Thuna ordered him to stop. She could easily feel pain in her back. Thuna moved towards her and sat in front of her, on her knees.

"You will never see the faces of others. Shadow was mine and I will take him from you." She whispered and stood up. Lalaith looked up at her and shouted with anger and pain.

"Take him if you want. I am only his friend. I have already told him that. Thuna come back." Lalaith could easily saw regret and pain in her friend's eyes. Thuna opened her mouth to say something but thought best and closed it. Both of them stared at each other for a long time.

"My Lady, it is time to go." Midas said and moved towards the door. Thuna gave a faint smile and stood up.

"We will meet again. Take a good rest." She walked out of the room.

"I will never give up! I am going to bring you back. Thuna!!!" Lalaith shouted behind them and looked down at them with tears in her eyes.

Pelendur, I will make her the way she was.