Prologue

[Shadow]

[Thuna]

 The streets were empty and the lights of the houses were out. It was very dark. A man was walking towards the palace, alone in the dark streets of the city. His face was covered with the hood. He walked towards the main street, leading the way to the royal palace. Soon he reached the main road and turned to face the palace. He smirked and looked at the window, in which someone was standing. He looked around the street before moving forward.

***

The queen was looking out of the window, when someone knocked on the door of her room. She looked at the door and said silently, "Come in." A man entered the room. He bowed to the queen and stood straight.

"My Lady, he sent you this letter." He said, handing over the letter to her. She took the letter and unfolded it, in a hurry. She read the letter silently and put in inside the draw of her table. Then she turned to her guard.

"I am going there. Is it dark in the palace?" She asked, urgently. The guard silently nodded and moved aside. The queen picked her cloak from the bed and moved towards the door.

"Lady Thuna, are you sure it will be safe?" The guard asked, as they walked out of the room. It was almost dark. Only moonlight was coming in from the windows.

"I am sure about it, Shadow. Just tell me, are my daughters sleeping?" Thuna asked, a little worried. Shadow looked at the queen sadly and sighed.

"Yes, they are sleeping. You are always worried about them. You shouldn't care." Shadow said, sounding a little annoyed.

"Don't let the king see you talking with me so causally. He will kill you for sure. And I have to worry about my daughters. Because of them I am alive. Lord Rin can kill them, he won't care if they are his daughters or not. Shadow I want you to protect White Lily. She is very special somehow. Can I trust you with it?" She asked, as they climbed down the stairs, leading the way to the hall. Shadow thought for a moment and then said,

"You can trust me with everything. Don't worry, Lady Thuna." He half-smirked but looked at the queen and closed his eyes. Thuna, you can't do this for your daughters. It can kill you, too. Please, Thuna stop it before Rin kill you. I can't help you that much. Just give them back to me.

"You stay here. I will go and see what he is going to tell this time." Thuna said and Shadow stopped dead. He just nodded and turned around to guard the way. That was when he realized that they were in the back yard of the palace. He looked at the palace with wide eyes. This can't be. I was here once before. But when was it? Something happened here. But what? Why is this place more similar than other parts of the palace?

"What is it, now?" Thuna asked the hooded man half-angrily.

"My Lady, I have find a child, with crystal-like eyes and white hair. He is an orphan. We will bring him to the palace tomorrow and tell the king that, he was the one who killed the queen. This way your daughter will be saved. Do you agree with this plan?" The man asked, looking at the queen closely.

"Do you think that the king will believe that, that boy killed his mother? Do you think so? And what if the boy start shouting that it wasn't him?" Thuna asked getting angry. The man smirked and said,

"Don't worry about that. You can trust me. I will protect your daughter for you." He turned around and looked at Shadow, "I must go now. If they find out that I was here again, then the king will kill you. Farewell." He said and climbed the wall as an expert. Thuna took a deep breath and walked back to Shadow.

"Come, let's go back." She said, sadly and worried. Together they walked towards the palace. That night Shadow kept guarding the room and Thuna stayed awake for half night. She failed to sleep that night, worried about her daughter. Can I trust them both? Can they help me and protect my daughters? I have to be strong all by myself. I will protect my daughter till the end. Rin, you can't take this palace from me. You are nothing but a greedy person, just like your mother.

Next morning. Thuna walked to the throne room, with her daughters. "My Lord." She bowed and looked at the ground tensed. Her daughters looked around the throne room, for they came there for the first time. The king looked at her, with cruel eyes and said, rudely, "Come." Thuna took a deep breath and looked at the king. She forced a smile and moved towards the throne. Her daughters silently followed her. She sat beside the throne, like a queen, her robes spread around her. Her daughters sat at the other side of the throne.

After a while the door of the room opened and few people entered, their faces covered with the hoods. They were dragging a boy with them. "Please, let me go. LET ME GO!!!" The boy was screaming. White Lily looked at the boy with wide eyes, then looked at her father. Her elder sister, Blue Night grabbed her hand and shook her head slowly.

"So this is the boy?" Lord Rin said. His shoulder-length hair were untidy and black. He was about forty years old. Thuna looked at Shadow, who was standing at the end of the room.

"Yes, My Lord. He was hiding from us. He was hiding from six years." One of the hooded men said. Rin nodded and looked at his wife.

"Do you really think it was him?" He suddenly asked. Thuna nodded and closed her eyes. "Very well." Rin said and faced the boy. "Take him to the dungeon and lock him up." He ordered. The men started dragging the child away.

"PLEASE, SPARE MY LIFE. LET ME LIVE!!!!" The boy started shouting. White Lily lost control on herself and ran towards the boy. Blue ran after her. Their youngest sister, Red Rose looked at them, horrified. Thuna stood up, her eyes wide with shock. Rin also stood up, but angrily.

"You can't kill him. He haven't done anything. Please, father spare his life. Please!!!" Lily shouted. Blue grabbed her and pulled her.

"How dare you? My orders are mine. No one can go against them." Rin shouted and draw his sword out and moved towards Lily. Blue moved away from her father, as he approached them. Thuna ran forwards and come in front of Lily, as Rin raised his sword.

"NOOOO!!!!" She screamed. Rin stopped and looked at her, with dangerous eyes. He raised his hand and slapped Thuna hard on her face. Then he grabbed her from her hair and drag her towards his throne. Thuna screamed, but no one moved forwards to help her. White Lily looked at her father and mother, scared. The hooded men dragged the boy away. Red Rose ran towards her sisters. Shadow moved towards them and took them away, forcefully.

"MOTHER!!!!!" White kept screaming but Shadow didn't let her go. She was only able to see her mother crying, as her father dragged her towards the throne. The door of the room closed, as they walked away.