"I am Iyrena, this is my garden," she said while gesturing around her at the plants.

Ariadne smiled, it reached her eyes, and small lines spread out from them.
"It's beautiful."

Ariadne looked around again and admired everything she could drink in. She concentrated slightly, and her eyesight sharpened. Tiny iron birds sat on flat beds nearest the windows on small shelves, while iron dragonflies fluttered in the wind. Their gossamer wings caught and refracted the light, small rainbows filled the space.

"How are they even moving?" The words slipped from her mouth before she could stop them.

Iyrena shrugged, her shoulders rolling gently.

"Magic..." She smiled.

"Oh," Ariadne's smile faded slightly.

"You do not like magic? Is it not beautiful?" Iyrena offered.

"I don't hate it... It's just. I've grown up in a world without it," Ariadne admitted.

"I see... Come I will show you how to make one," Iyrena held out a long fingered hand.

Ariadne paused. How did she tell Iyrena politely.

"... I don't have magic, I'm human," I Ariadne lied.

"Come now we both know that's not true," Iyrena smiled lightly.

Ariadne took a step back. Another person knew she wasn't human. What had it been this time.

"I saw your eyes. They are golden, like mine."

Iyrena fiddled with the leaves at her waist, arranging them neatly.

"You weren't meant to see them."

Iyrena dipped her head.
"Sorry."

Ariadne waved away Iyrena's apology.
"What's done is done, I might as well enjoy my time here. If it means practicing magic with you, I think I can live with that," Ariadne broke into a broad smile.

"In that case, please follow me," Iyrena parted the Ivy curtain.

Ariadne stepped under the fronds and gasped. An alcove clear of all plants revealed itself. A proud, elegant harp with curled edges sat in the middle of the floor. A filigree chair sat next to it, pushed aside slightly.

A small table sat next to that with a glass goblet half full of a rosy coloured wine. Metal wings, embossed with swirls sat next to a small matching body. A tiny screwdriver sat next to it. Everything glittered with golden specks of magic, and Ariadne realised she was seeing the spark of life, of sun Fae magic.

Ariadne thought nothing of it at first. Then it hit her. Iyrena's eyes were amber and ringed with gold the same as hers. She scrutinised Iyrena and noticed some strands of her hair were slightly red. Her face was more slender than Ariadne's, but she could recognise that feline chin anywhere, it might have well been hers.

Iyrena caught her staring and danced forward on light feet, her arms came around Ariadne. Ariadne was caught up in a hug. Iyrena's lips moved against Ariadne's cheek.

"I have waited so long for you to come," Iyrena sobbed.

"What do you mean?"Ariadne pulled back slightly.

Iyrena's eyes filled with hurt. She stepped back and brushed her hands down the barely there fabric.

"You do not know?"

"No, I don't know. I would greatly appreciate it if you told me, please."

Ariadne began to pace across the room. Her hands twisted in the ends of her sleeves. Kendra had leant her a finely woven tunic that morning. She bothered the ends until they were hideously stretched out of shape.

Iyrena's hand stilled hers.

"I am your sister Ariadne."

"No! I don't have a sister." Ariadne shook her head.

Tears slipped down Iyrena's beautiful face. Her hand shakily wiped them away.

"Yes, you do. You can't deny we are very alike," Iyrena hiccupped.

"Lots of people back on Ansmere look alike... Doesn't mean their related." Ariadne retorted.

Iyrena took a step back, turning to the table. Her hands picked up the tiny screwdriver and she attached the wings to the body. She cupped the metal butterfly in her cradled hands. Iyrena blew out a gentle breath and golden light bathed the butterfly. Sparks of gold fell over the wings and slowly, the wings began to change colour.

Iyrena closed her eyes briefly, and Ariadne watched her lips move silently. Iyrena gently closed her hands, and turned to Ariadne. She opened her palms slowly.

There sat still on her skin was a cobalt winged butterfly, wings opening slowly.

Ariadne gasped and the butterfly took flight.

It flew gracefully around the room before it fluttered out of a open window and into the wild.

Iyrena looked up at Ariadne. Her eyes silently pleaded with her.
"You saw the light, the gold sparks?"

"... Yes, but that doesn't mean a thing," Ariadne shook her head.

"Do you not see! It means everything. Only Sun Fae can create magic, give life. It is who we are. Who we both are," Iyrena's voice turned frantic.

"I want to believe you, I really do, but I don't have a sister. I'm sorry." Ariadne took a step backwards.

Iyrena fell to her knees, her head in her hands.

Ariadne's heart broke for her.

Iyrena reached for something tucked inside of her dress. A delicate chain hung from her fingers, at the end sat a ring. Her ring.

No, wait.

She looked closer, the stone was azure blue. Everything else was a clear copy of Ariadne's ring. The one her father had given her. She couldn't believe it.

Iyrena looked up at Ariadne, and her eyes were filled with the shadow of hope.

"How?"

Iyrena slowly stood up.
"It is a long story," she picked up her goblet and took a sip of wine.

Her hands stopped shaking, and she leant into her chair. Her fingers trailed along the harp.

"I have nothing but time," Ariadne huffed.

Parts of her still couldn't believe it, she thought it was a trick of the Fae. They could be vicious, even heart breakingly cruel. Ariadne wouldn't put it past them, she believed this was all just a poisonous dream, induced by the wine or food.

The Fae her however, screamed that every word Iyrena had spoken were true. For the longest time, Ariadne had felt like a part of her was missing. When she had seen and touched Iyrena, that piece had fallen into place, and she finally felt whole again.

Ariadne admitted to herself that the proof before her was clear, irreversible.

Iyrena was her sister.