• 5. A رمضان Like No Other (١٤٤١): Part 1

Bắt đầu từ đầu

It's inevitable, I know, they will eventually be cut. This reminded me of the Prophet Muhammad (ﷺ), when people thought he was recovering right before his death. Read this (👇🏻), it's from the seerah written by Martin Lings. 

You know that feeling, when a child asks you "And then? What happens next?" with a sparkle in their eyes? It only ever happens with stories that have sad endings

You know that feeling, when a child asks you "And then? What happens next?" with a sparkle in their eyes? It only ever happens with stories that have sad endings. Or stories you wished you hadn't started. And you decide...

Not today.

I'll let you live with that hope for a little longer.

Stay happy with that sparkle in your eyes.

This is kind of me today, looking at those branches swaying like they're never going to encounter death. Not knowing that they've been given the honour of living through one last sunnah. SubhanAllah. I've actually known somebody who was given this honour, have you?

Here's the third taraweeh moon (👇🏻) and the forest from my window at Maghrib exactly, the birds were going crazy, SubhanAllah. The first cold breeze of the day comes from there. 😍

***

***

Day [ ٣ ]

Do not self-medicate. Be it yourself, your cousin, your cat, your neighbour's turtle or a stray sparrow. Just do not self-medicate, it's not worth it. I'm not talking about prevention, keep eating honey and black seeds. But please do your research if it's an emergency, sometimes we might end up doing things that cause more harm than good. Some things are not meant for use in everyone for everything.

For example, while Neosporin is perfectly safe for use in humans, it is lethal for cats. And it's illegal. That's because in cats, one of its active ingredients causes anaphylaxis and death in a few hours.

For example, a certain cough syrup (which shall not be named) in large quantities has the effect of alcohol, which is why it's banned in a country I used to live in.

For example, eating loads and loads of red cabbage makes urine pink which can be mistaken for blood. And taking calcium supplements increases the chances of getting dementia. And I could go on and on, because nothing is good without a prescription.