He looked up at me and smiled. Could I spy a hint of amusement? "Kyra, it's me, Jaden. I'm twenty - two." As he took a step forward, I took a step back.

With each step, his words seemed to sink in. I could feel the wall mingling with the back of my clothing as I scrutinized this person in front of me.

How could this person be Jaden? And twenty - two? He couldn't be twenty- two! He's eighteen. Eighteen! There's no way. But the more I fought myself, the more I realized how much he looked and acted like Jaden. The up - beat, slightly stuck- up air about him was there alright. I knew that smile was familiar. Jaden would always make me question the motives behind everything, including his smiles. This guy was much more toned with muscle and his face was much more angled and even seemed a bit worn out compared to the Jaden I know, but even so, his eyes held the truth. Through our lessons about the powers of Mother Nature, the eyes always speak of our Nature. It's the way each of our eyes sparkle in different ways that make us all unique. And this man's eyes, Jaden eyes, were something I could would never be able to forget. This was Jaden and no matter the situation, I couldn't be any surer of that.

He had already picked up the baby and subdued it's cries. While gazing at the baby, he rocked the child back and forth the same way mother did.

"Jaden?" He looked up and smiled, nodding his head. "How is this-"

"Possible? The hell I know. But here we are. And by the way, you look like you’ve just been through hell."

"Hey! Watch it! You have a baby in your arms." Definitely Jaden. He hadn't changed a bit in his manners.

Stairs creaked with each footstep from a mysterious person coming nearer. "Jaden! What's going on?!" The woman's voice flew out in a rush, her panting clear through every syllable she spoke.

My first sight of her was the hem sticking out of her thin yellow dress. Her petite figure following her long legs appeared at the entrance of the small doorway. It took her seconds to scan around to find Jaden. "Is she OK?"

"She's fine, Emi. Just a little restless." I was glad the baby was silent now, giving me time to assess my situation. I still didn't understand why I was here. Not mention how there was a twenty- two year old Jaden in front of me.

After taking the baby in her arms, finally she noticed my existence. Her blue eyes scanned me over, her hands bringing the child closer to her chest. "And who are you?" I didn't know a human voice could hit such a high pitch.

"Um, I'm Kyra. I, well, I-" But what else could I say? I began to grit my teeth together and clench my hands into fists.

"Calm down Emi. She's not going to hurt our baby."

What? There's no way. "Our baby? That little girl is yours?" My mouth dropped with a grateful joy. The pressure no longer upon my teeth felt world’s better.

The little girl wriggled in her mother's arms and then opened her eyes, revealing a warm, luscious shade of blue.

"May I?" With her eyes open, letting me see the Nature inside of her, I felt compelled to move away from my safe-heaven against the wall and be nearer to her. Her open aura must come from her parents. If not from Emi, then for sure from Jaden.

Emi eyes me once more, still keeping the girl close to her, but after one glance from Jaden's calm, stoic demeanor, she nodded her approval.

Still anxious, I inched towards that small innocent hand. Just as I was about to touch her, the little baby locked eyes with mine, a curious glaze waving over her. I could feel a glimpse of the motherly warmth meant for children as I placed my finger into her small hand. She giggled and began to wriggle within her mother's arms. I looked up to her mother and shared a smile. No wonder mother always had fun with taking care of those children.

As soon as I was about to pull my hand away, I could feel the pressure of the little girl's strength against my finger. Then there was light. Blinding light.

I pulled away to cover my eyes. Instinct had me check to see if anything had happened to the cute little girl and then once more, instinct had me run backwards with so much speed that my back slammed against the wall.

Her eyes were glowing.

"No,” I muttered as I shook my head, but still kept my eyes locked onto those glowing blue eyes. “What does it mean?"

"No! Stay away from my baby!" Tears were streaming down her face, a type of hysteria growing. I couldn't blame her. Glowing eyes weren’t natural. Even more than that, there’s only one thing I’ve heard of that deals with glowing eyes… and that would mean her child was the one said to bring destruction. But then, why would the prophecy say the child is mine?

Then a realization hit me. Where was I in this time? Was I alive or dead? Did I end up being captured by the Fighters and forced to live a solitary life?

A whirl of questions went through me as I witnessed Emi cling to the girl whose eyes had yet to stop glowing. Jaden hovered over her, whispering words to her, words I doubt were registering. I know I wouldn't be listening to his words because I couldn't even register the scene unfolding in front of me.

Emi snapped her head up and glared at me, making me think all mothers are given the look before a severe storm. “What did you do to my baby?!”

“I- I don’t know!” I reached for my right sword, prepared to protect myself.

“Emi, please calm down.” Jaden placed a hand on her shoulder but she shrugged it away.

“How can you ask me to calm down? Look at what’s happening to our baby!” Emi brought the baby to her chest, and then the baby began to wail.

I had to get out of here, back to the temple. But how?

My right hand, which was laying against the hilt of my sword, began to feel the sword’s vibration. I pulled it out and watched it vibrate even faster. Maybe I could get them to glow again? As if hearing my plea, the swords began to glow. I reached for my other sword and watched it respond the same way. Without another thought, I mimicked the movement I did in the temple and to my relief, a blue light trailed my slash. Then the shining bright light that brought me here appeared again. I couldn’t have been any happier to have the disorientation come over me once more.

~<***********>~

"So, you've finally returned."

My vision began to clear, letting me realize that Leira was right before me, sitting on one of the red chairs from the training room. Her eyes glanced me over.

Why she sat in the middle of the hall didn't matter though. She ditched me. Even more than that, with her visions, she should have known the ambush was coming, which meant she wanted it to happen. But, wait a minute.

"Where are Jaden and Ariel?" A trail of fire trickle from my hands to my swords' tip. I aimed my right sword at her throat. "Tell me now."

My eyes scanned the hall for Mintos and the others, but nothing. It was just her, me, and the destruction that was left from the stand we took to keep from being captured. At least, some of the destruction. The rubble from the chipped pillars was nowhere to be seen. How long had I been gone?

"They are both back in Lasas, as is everyone who was out looking for you. No one is going to come for you. Not even Ariel or Jaden."

"And why's that?"

"Because they all think you are dead."

"What?! Why?"

"Kyra, it has been two weeks since you disappeared. I’ll admit, convincing Ariel and Jaden to go home was rather difficult.”

No other footsteps rang in my hears as I took the few steps in order for the licking flames of my sword to mingle with the skin of Leira’s neck. “What do you know.”

“Take a seat in the chair behind you and I will explain everything you wish to know. The swords you hold are not the pair you’d use to spar with my men. Those are the ones blessed by the same person who blessed you at the lake.” Her eyes, filled with all the answers I deserved, never wavered from mine.

“And who would that be?” My arm lowered an inch. She shouldn’t have told her guards to stay away because I’m in control now.

One of her wry smiles stretched across her face. “From Father Time.”