"I-" Alivia started, but her mother stood up with Lani's hand in hers and corrected her husband.

"Howie, this is Jada. Our soon to be daughter in law." She looked at him with a knowing look.

"Oh, Hello. I'm Howard. It's a pleasure." He said to Jada a little embarrassed. He extended his hand and she shook it.

"It's really nice to finally meet you. Alivia talks about you guys all of the time." Jada said kind of nervous. Alivia was nervous as well, she knew something like this would happen, but what was she supposed to say over the phone? 'Oh hey mom and dad, by the way, my soon to be wife is 15 years younger than me', she thought.

"Now that we have all met, how about we go into the dining room ? I prepared dinner." Toya said as Lani held on to her hand. Jada smile at how comfortable Lani got with Alivia's mother in that short time, but Alivia already knew that was going to happen. Her mother always had a way with kids.

____________

Jada (Christmas)

"You like your gifts, Pumpkin?" I asked Lani as I leaned back on Alivia, with my hot chocolate in my hands. Lani made sure to wake us up extra early this morning, she couldn't wait to see what Santa got her for Christmas.

"Yes! I love everything! Can I call Nana on my new phone?" She asked looking down at her phone.

"Sure, baby. Take everything to your room first." I told her and she got up, gathering her things and after a few trips, she disappeared into her room.

"So, my pumpkin... Do you like what Santa got you for Christmas?" Alivia asked jokingly as she kissed the back of my neck.

I giggled, "Of course baby, thank you so much." I looked back and pecked her lips a few times and she smiled.

Life have been going so good for us. I got a job at this company thanks to Alivia, so no more mediocre jobs for me. I can finally use my degree, that I worked hard to get. I haven't been more happy in my life. Alivia has been on the straighten arrow and I no longer worry about her cheating on me, which is great in its self. We barely argue, but when we do, Alivia always make it up to me before it goes any further. What's funny is that most of them are about Ashley... She still hates her and I don't blame her, but I don't hold grudges. Ashley is very respectful of our relationship, but when I hang with her, I have to convince Alivia that everything is platonic. Alivia doesn't buy it for the most part, but that's just how she is. Overprotective and I love that about her. She's everything that I could have ever wished for.

"Good, but I have another one for you." She said getting up from the couch we sat on and headed upstairs to our room. I shook my head and sighed. She loves spoiling me even when I ask her not to. What she doesn't understand is that I don't need all of these expensive gifts to see her love for me.

"What!? Babe, you got me a lot already." I whined as she walked back down the stairs.

"Nothing is ever enough for you, my love." She said holding a little Tiffany & Co. bag on her fingers.

"Baby, you got me earrings, a necklace, and a tennis bracelet from Tiffany. You got me enough, Alivia." I said as she stood in front of me. She just rolled her eyes, ignoring me and started to pull it out of the bag.

"Wait! Close your eyes!" She said pausing her moments. I sucked my teeth and obeyed anyway.

I felt her moving closer to me, while taking the gift out of the bag. I heard a flapping noise and then she told me to open my eyes.

When I opened them, my heart stopped at the sight before me. Tears rushed to the rim of my eyes and my hand instinctively when to my mouth. I looked down at her hands and then back up to her eyes. I can't believe she's doing this! We never even talked about getting married. We've just been enjoying our time together with no complaints. We talked about trips and vacations for the future, but never marriage. She never brought it up before, so I just assumed that wasn't something she wanted. And I was okay with that, just as long as I was with her, that's all that mattered.