Chapter Two

Jada

"I know you was with that hoe! You should have stayed over there!" Ashely yelled and carried on.

It has been a little over three weeks and this is what I wake up to in the middle of the night, Ashley and her boyfriend arguing. This is some bullshit. They know I have a child in here sleeping, they could be a little more considerate. I mean I know this is her place, but damn that's rude. I have to find Lani and I a place soon.

I have this job interview in the morning so I should be sleep, but with them arguing and my nervousness I can't stay asleep. It's a Human Resource management(HR) job with this big time company, so this is kind of big for me. I will make enough money to move and get Lani into a nice school. I got her registered last week for a school near here for now because I didn't want her to fall too behind.

Everything is going to work out fine...at least that is what I keep telling myself.

"Beep! Beep! Beep!" It was the next morning and I yawn while turning my alarm off.

"Lani, it's time to get ready for school baby girl." I said while picking her up and walking to the small bathroom we all share. Ashely is renting out this small ran down two bedroom apartment. I mean I'm not complaining because it's better than nothing, but I know we can do better.

We finished getting ready for the day and headed to the kitchen.

"Good morning ladies." Ashley said while making breakfast.

"Good morning Ms.Ashely, can I have a banana pleaseeeee!?" Lani asked being extra.

"Of course pretty girl." Ashley said handing her a banana.

I was about to grab Lani and leave out when Ashley called me

"Hey uhh Jada can I talk to you for a minute?" She said lowly.

"Sure, what's up?" I said annoyed, but she obviously didn't catch on. She grabbed my hand and pulled me in to her living area.

"Umm are you doing something important today?" She asked nervously.

"Yea, I have a job interview this morning." I hint at "this morning" because I have to go.

"Oh ok that's good, but I wanted to take you out today." She said smiling.

That's just caught me off guard. "Take me out!?" I ask louder than I attended, making her jump.

"Yea, I mean so I can show you the city and stuff since we never got a chance too." She said unconfidently.

Is this girl trying to take me on a date or is she just being nice because I don't know. I don't even know if she likes girls anyway, so I'm just going to assume she's being nice.

"Yea I would like that, but I have to go. I have to get Lani to school and make it to this interview on time." I told her while walking to the door.

"Ok well good luck and have a good day pretty girl" she said to me and Lani while we walked out.

After I dropped Lani off I hopped on the train and headed downtown for my interview. As I was riding I started to think, I kind of like New York so far. It's busy and very cold well considering it's January and I'm from LA, but I like it. I also haven't heard anything about Chris and I don't plan too.