Chapter Twenty-Two

Alivia

"I hope she likes this." I said to myself as I looked at the dinner I prepare for us. I cooked baked chicken with string beans and potatoes. I also got us chocolate covered strawberries because I know she likes those.

It's such a nice night tonight, so I decided that it would would be more romantic to have dinner on my balcony than inside and by the look of everything, I think that was the right choice. The skylight and the dim light of the candles reflecting off of the wine glasses and the tablecloth is just beautiful. I want this night to be perfect for her, she deserves it. I want this to be a night to remember.

After I covered the food and made sure everything was perfect on the balcony, I went back inside and checked my hair and makeup one last time. I look nice, I thought as I fixed the few hairs that fell out of my bun. I have on a simple black dress with spaghetti straps and simple black pumps.

I can't wait to see what Jada has on... I know she isn't fully prepared for the night I have planed for us.

_________________________

Jada

I am outside Alivia's door having an anxiety attack right now. Im literally out here shitting bricks. Everything that I could possibly go wrong is running through my head.

What if she doesn't like what I have on?

What if she doesn't like my hair?

What if she doesn't like the flowers I got her?

What if I don't do something right? I've never done this before.

What if I get sick and ruin the night? Because I feel sick right now... maybe its just my anxiety.

Or maybe I should just go and tell her I am sick? Yeah, I think I'll do that. I started to walk away, but I was too late.

Alivia opened the door and caught me trying to escape.

"Where are you going, Love?"

I turned around and seen her leaning against the door frame. My Gawd! She looks so sexy.

"I- Um left something in the car." I lied and she knew it.

"No you didn't" She said scanning my appearance. She couldn't really see my dress because of my jacket. I know she can't wait to see what I have on. I can see the curiosity in her eyes.

"Ok, you caught me. How did you even know I was out here?"

"Well I knew you wouldn't be late." She said confidently.

Well, you were right, huh? These are for you." I chuckled nervously, handing her the flowers I got for her. It was a bouquet of pink tulips and roses. I thought they were really  pretty.

"They are beautiful, baby. Thank you." She smelled them and leaned in to kiss me. I thought she was going to kiss my lips, so I closed my eyes and leaned in, but she kiss my cheek instead.

I pouted and opened my eyes. She didn't say anything, she just motioned me to come inside and I obeyed of course. I just feel like she is going to be playing games like this all night.

When I walked in and the scent of Garlic and Rosemary permeated my nose. It smells so delicious, but when I looked at the dining room table I didn't see any food. My confusion was short lived once Alivia appeared again.

"Follow me." She said leading me to her balcony.

When I walked out I almost cried, it's so beautiful. We are having a candle light dinner under New York's beautiful sky. I looked on in awe. She did all of this for me? My heart melted. She really does love me...