Paradise in Modest Streets

We drove through different streets, the smell of coffee and freshly baked croissant.  Then we stopped which looked like a crossing lane going in all direction I looked around if this is where we all were supposed to meet, but could not see anyone, “Come on dear” turning off the engine Aleish said I followed her she told me to wait as she talked to some guy entirely dressed in black, I kept assuring myself all is well, I am simply being excessively anxious, I can look after myself what worse could happen after all what came next into my mind were not friendly thoughts, “ Non! You are not being kidnapped; you truly do think too much now come along” Aleish stated with shaking head, “Where…. Where are we going?” I asked in a plain nervous tone “come on, you will see” she gestured with her head I sighed what other option; I had except putting complete faith in my guide. “Voila!” she exclaimed to my surprise her voila gesture was toward a carriage a black carriage with golden pattern all over it with four horses aligned to it, beasts to be honest, I have never seen horses this huge must be Persian breed, “You can trust your guide,” she said with a full smile like she was enjoying my misery, “eh.. Aleish… you are scaring me now... really” “ah chin up dear, no need to be a scary cat, it’s all good get in now,” she said.

 Ignoring my pledge she handed over our luggage to the same man she was talking to before even for my phone I was in tears not my phone, she promised me that I will get them all in one piece safe and sound, oh I hate this journey I crossed my arms and got into the carriage it had same royalty interior as its outer décor was watermelon pink with silver pattern. I sat opposite to Aleish looking out of the window with almost tears in my eyes, “I am sorry about your boyfriend… your phone I meant, ” she said with a little laughter “ Have a little trust there is a whole new world without all these techno stuffs if you only believed me, ” she said, looking at me, I shook my head without saying word the journey was long, Aleish now was lost in her thoughts as it was raining heavily nothing was in front of us but spread valleys soaked in the rain, I yawned as it was getting difficult to keep my eyes opened any more

It was dark, I could not see or hear anything, I was running as fast as I could as I could sense something behind me, tears were falling down my eyes all I kept repeating to myself was I do not want to die I do not want to die!

I woke up with a gasp with someone knocking the door or punching it almost, Aleish was outside I got off and this heavily suited man away tall for me took hold of my arm, “Hey! Let go of me!” no wonder he did not even flinch nor just he was too tall he was too strong for me, body guard, maybe, yeah, that’s it must be one of the bodyguards, but why is he dressed up like an old era warrior fully loaded amour… oh I get it! This is all set up; maybe they have hidden cameras recording guest’s reactions... oh, I get it, I took a deep breath I just have to play along I have participated  once or twice in school I just have to play along without making weird camera faces and fool of myself. “Do not touch her! Let her go!” Aleish ordered more like an angry lady and the man immediately let go of me… do not panic, I told myself all an act just keep a clear head… 

As I was busy in my thoughts giving myself all self-confidence boost a tiny, beautiful bird make to rescue me from my panic attack. I looked at him, he had a long beak, wings which were almost transparent with a golden radiance to all over the its body as I tinted my head it copied my act looking at me as I was looking at him, ignoring my astonishment it flew and sat on my shoulder, “Ouch!” I shouted as it stings me. I rubbed my shoulder where he was still sitting, what sort of bird stings it looks like a hummingbird, but not exactly. Little devil who seems somehow amused by my reaction… Aleish came forward looking at me and this new tiny fellow and unexpectedly bowed her head in courteousness, “Your highness.” 

“You’re what???” and to my surprise the bird returned the gesture oh boy they got trained birds! I heard of trained parrots, but this I did not even know exactly what breed of bird was it, I wish I just could simply Google about it so I would have been in a better position because as far my day was going I was middle of nowhere with a your highness and a guide who could read minds or maybe she was well experienced in this field and the rain oh yes it was not raining it was fist size rain drops pouring down from the sky! I never knew it rained like this in this part of the world.

 “This is a very, very,” she stopped and gave me a serious look “Rare birds, they do not make contact with humans, elves or faes unless they themselves will to or have to,” she looked as serious as my chemistry teacher but that was me at least concern but did she just said humans, elves, fae and something about this tiny fellow. Maybe these are the clues I should write them down, but ah no phone, no pencil and no paper just nuttiness at its best, but that was not all of it, “Their names are like riddles if one figures it out and calls upon, they will come to help, they cannot turn a deaf ear to the call.” All I did in response was blink twice or thrice because I was busy making mental notes and I am pretty bad at it. “So meanwhile what are you going to call him, I believe all this tidings did not stop you from coming up with a name,” she said, doing best of what she does, knowing your sentiments, “Mocky! I name you Mocky!” I said with pride like I was addressing to coward see I can play along as well “Mocky?? Seriously?” the bird and Aleish both were giving me shocking expression; I crossed my arms again and cleared it, “Yes! My bird, my Mocky.” Mocky responded by flapping his wings and stinging me again “Ouch! Stop doing that! In the name of God, what’s wrong with you?”. “It's a good thing they pass power and healing through their beak, seems like your highness here is fond of you.”