Chapter Fifty-One!(:

Chapter Fifty-One: 

**Selena's POV:**

The next morning Cody and I ate breakfast with my mom and David aka Dad. Mom had gotten up early and cooked a huge meal. She cooked when she was nervous or worried. It was nice though since I hadn't ate anything at all yesterday. After my break down last night Cody just held me until we both fell asleep. I think we both slept all night which was a good thing since we both had a hard time sleeping much these days. Being surrounded my the whole family really made me feel a lot better. Soon I hoped that everyone would be a little more relaxed around me though. Right now it seemed like everyone was walking on eggshells around me and they always seemed to be watching what they did and said. Right now for once things seemed to be normal and I wanted nothing more but to keep them that way. Normal was a good thing.

“The foods great Ma.” I said breaking the silence. She looked across the table and smiled at me. “Thanks sweetie. I'm glad you like it.” “Well how's the wedding planning going, Carmen?” Cody asked before taking a sip of his orange juice. “Yeah babe how is it going?” David added. “Actually it's going pretty good. Selena and Lee have to go for dress fittings and we need a date and place before we get the invites. Location is a big thing right now.” “Ma Lee and I are going the beginning of next week. You and Dad need to start working on the date and location together.” I replied. Mom looked at me a little funny and I had no clue why. “What's wrong?” I asked. “You said me and Dad need to pick location and date. I haven't really heard you call David Dad before.” I looked at David who was smiling and then back to my mom. “Well Mom you two are getting married soon. He's been my father for a long time now. I think it's about time I start calling him that.” I answered. “Carmen if you mind it she can go back to calling me David. I'm always gonna look at her as my daughter anyway no matter what she calls me.” Mom shook her head and smiled. “No no I like it. It's great.” Cody squeezed my hand under the table and smiled.

When we were finished eating Cody and David walked outside to check something on one of the cars and my mother and I stayed in the kitchen cleaning it up. I figured now was a good time to tell her I had made my choice about what I wanted to do. The sooner the better. “Mom can we talk?” I asked closing the dishwasher. “Sure Lena. Let's sit down.” she replied drying her hands and walking back towards the now clean and empty table. “What's on your mind baby?” “Well I was thinking about the trial and stuff. Anyway I know what I wanna do.” She reached over and grabbed my hand and squeezed it gently. “Lena whatever you want you've got my support.” I smiled. Knowing that everyone that mattered the most to me loved and supported me meant the world to me. “Thanks Mom. I really have been thinking about the case and stuff and I really believe that I know what I want and what's best for me. I want you to know that I'm not wimping out of anything. With that being said I want to agree to a plea. Mom all of this has already gone on for way too long. It needs to end and then we can all move on. This way I know he's being punished and it can be handled faster. I can't handle anymore stress. This is what I want and what I need. Seeing all those pictures made me realize that I'm not strong enough to face a trial. It's easier for everyone including me.”

When I finished talking I looked up to meet my mothers eyes. She had tears building in her chocolate brown eyes. “No please don't cry Mom. If you wanna do the trial thing then we can.” She squeezed my hand and shook her head. “No Lena it's your choice and I support you all the way. I'm crying because I'm seeing how incredibly strong you are. Baby the way you've handled this whole thing has really amazed me and made me so much more then just proud of you.” It really made me feel good that I wasn't a disappointment to anyone. If I was disappointed I knew I couldn't handle it. “Really Mom? You really mean it?” She smiled and nodded. “Selena you've turned into such a beautiful young woman. So strong and so independent. Everything is gonna be alright no matter you do. I've watched how you've handled it all so gracefully. Baby I love you more then you could ever know. Everything will be just fine. Your a lot stronger then you know.” she finished pulling me into a hug.