Taking one last glance at Charlie and Honey sunbathing in the living room, I headed to the kitchen to make coffee and breakfast for Nick and I. I loved waiting for Nick with his coffee just the way he likes it and something for breakfast I know he'll love whenever I get up before him. Today, I settled for scrambled eggs and toast.

I was putting bread into the toaster when I felt strong arms wrap around my waist. I felt his face snuggling into my neck, his hot breath landing on my collarbone. I shivered and set the toaster on before turning to look at the love of my life.

There he was, smiling down at me like this was Christmas morning. He leaned down to capture my lips with his, pulling me into his world. I would've gladly stayed, but I couldn't.

I pulled away and gave him a look when he began to protest. "Nick, my eggs are gonna burn."

"So?" he said carelessly, tightening his hold on my waist as I moved to turn the stove off, "let 'em burn."

I snickered. "You're being ridiculous. What are you gonna eat if they burn?"

"Do I look like I care?" he whispered against my neck, pushing my hair to the side and over my other shoulder.

Sighing, I turned around and wrapped my arms around his neck. "You're insatiable."

He grinned. "You're worse."

I shrugged. "Yeah, but I can actually manage to eat breakfast first."

"Alright, fine," he said, shaking his head. "But you're not leaving my side after we eat."

I placed a quick kiss on his lips, fighting the urge to press for more. "Whatever you want, baby."

After I finished cooking, Nick helped me take everything to the dining table where we sat side by side to enjoy breakfast. Although Honey and I were close, it was pretty obvious she has a special bond with Nick. She follows him around everywhere when they're together and today was no different. She walked by his feet, following his every move as he set the table up. Charlie had the attention span of a goldfish so he jumped furiously when Nick walked into the living room but forgot about his existence like five minutes later. He honestly makes my day.

"These are so good," Nick praised, moaning lightly as he took a bite of his eggs.

"I aim to please," I winked, making him chuckle at my careless flirting.

"You do please," he replied, reaching over to kiss my cheek.

This was such a good day. The sun was shining and Nick and I were together. I loved life. I took a sip of my coffee as I reached for the mail I'd brought in last night. I nearly choked on my drink when I saw a wedding invitation addressed to Nick and me.

"You okay, love?" Nick asked, patting my back worriedly.

I smiled at him in reassurance. "Yeah. Take a look at this," I said, turning the pastel purple colored card towards him. It even smelled like lavender. Wow.

Nick's eyes widened when he saw the names and the announcement. "Is that Hunter and Heather's wedding invitation?"

I took another whiff of the card. "Yup. It smells like lavender."

He let out a loud chortle. "Yeah, my brother had no input on that."

"How do you know?"

He leaned in, catching my eyes with his bright ones, threatening to steal my breath away. "Hunter doesn't like scented paper."

Following suit, I leaned in, too, almost closing the space between our lips. "That's a weird and very specific thing to dislike, don't you think?"

"Are you asking me what I think?"