Chapter 25 - War Part 2

Start from the beginning

Severus nods, looking up to his class. "Everyone, go down to the Great Hall. No exceptions. And hurry."

Students pile out of his class, and Severus leads Harry down a dark staircase, and sits him in a chair.

"How did you know that The Dark Lord was coming this way?" Severus asks, and Harry swallows before answering.

"I had fallen asleep in Professor Trawlney's room.. And I had a dream... I was in the dark, and a voice was speaking to me.."

"A voice?" Severus questions, and Harry nods. "Yeah, a woman's voice.. She said that Voldemort was coming, and to warn everyone, and that we didn't have much time.."

"Hm.." Severus hums in thought. "Odd.."

Harry nods a little. "The voice though, it seemed.. Familiar..."

"Familiar?" Severus asks, and Harry nods. "Yeah.. Like I've heard it before, a long time ago.."

Severus decides to wave off the edgy feeling he had, and focus on the task at hand.

"You can't be in your Phoenix form, because the Dark Lord knows now that you are able to do that..."

"Oh!" Harry cut him off excitedly. "I didn't mention this- but I found out I can turn into another animal!"

Severus stared at him in shock.

That can't be possible..

"You can.. What..?" Severus asks slowly, and Harry giggles. "Yeah! I was curious, and started trying it out, and look!"

Harry's body then began morphing, shrinking down and sprouting black patches of fur until he was completely covered. Severus was now staring eye-to-eye with a small, black.. Puppy.

His eyes were wide in shock as Harry changed back, grinning from ear to ear.

Severus set a hand on his shoulder. "Let us defeat Voldemort."

Harry smiles and nods, turning back into a puppy and dashing up the stairs, Severus close behind, flicking his wand to open the door for him.

They ran across Hogwarts, finding every student and staff member gathered in the Great Hall, all looking worried.

"Everyone!" Severus looked over to see Dumbledore standing on a floating table, gathering everyone's attention. "Voldemort is attacking once again! We must win this battle once and for all, and put Voldemort and his followers to rest!"

The students cheered in agreement, and Severus sighed. They were running out of time..

Harry tugged at the hem of Severus's pants, making him look down.

He looked impatient, and worried. Severus nodded and looked up.

"Albus." Severus says, walking towards Dumbledore, Harry close at his heels. "Voldemort is near. We have no time for useless speeches. We must make a formation and stand ground before he arrives."

Dumbledore looks a bit unamused at Severus interrupting him, but nods. "I do suppose you are right.." He turns to McGonnagal. "Get everyone aligned up on all sides of the castle." He turns to look up to the students. "Fight with your all! Good luck, and stay safe!"

Severus kneels down and picks Harry up so he wouldn't get trampled by the students heading out to take orders.

He heads outside as well, moving to the front lines to get a good view of where Voldemort might be.

Minutes passed of silence, until slowly, an army of people started to show at the top of the hill, Voldemort at front.

Harry growled.