Chapter 5 - Tea

Author's Note!
I'm so sorry this chapter took so long! I've been having MAJOR writers block, but I'm hoping that the future chapters will come out much easier! Caio! :)

"Lemon drop." McGonnagal said to the Gargoyle, and it sprang aside, allowing her to climb up the staircase.

When she entered Dumbledore's Office, both Lupin and Severus were there as well.

"Hello Minerva." Dumbledore smiled, his eyes twinkling. "I assume your lesson with Harry is over?"

"Yes Headmaster." She said, sitting down in the only empty chair, and Lupin offered her a cup of tea, which she took with a nod of thanks.

"So, what is the news?" Severus asked quietly, watching Minerva closely, his own cup of tea hovering beside him, his hands in his lap.

Minerva took a sip of her tea - which was surprisingly good - before setting her cup down on a floating saucer beside her.

"He struggled. The several times he attempted, there was no change. That is, until the last attempt."

At this, she pulled a bright red feather out of her pocket and showed it to the three.

"I kept it because I was hoping you could identify this for me, Headmaster. Perhaps knowing what bird he is changing into and what it looks like will make things easier for him."

Dumbledore nodded, leaning forward and picking the feather up, observing it. "That is a very good idea Minerva.." He said quietly.

After a moment, he set the feather down in front of him.

"I could recognise a feather like this anywhere." He said softly. "Remus, are you aware that no animagus has ever turned into a magical animal before?"

Remus paused before nodding with confusion.

"Yes, I am Headmaster."

Dumbledore sat back in his chair, picking the feather up once more and observing it.

"There is no bird with a feather like this, except one."

"Will you just spit it out Albus? I'm sick of your riddles!" Severus snapped, and the Headmaster smiled, his eyes twinkling, which was annoying Severus further.

"Harry is very special, and I believe that we can expect great things from him."

"Yes yes, he is the Boy Who Lived, we are very aware of this." Severus scowled, receiving a dirty look from Remus, which he ignored.

"That is not what I am getting at, Severus." Dumbledore said calmly. "His animagus is, most curiously... A Phoenix."

The room went silent.

"A... A Phoenix... Sir..?" Remus asked quietly. "Are you sure..?"

Dumbledore nodded. "Most certainly. I have a Phoenix myself, in fact. Phoenix feathers are very distinct, and this is from a Phoenix."

Severus sat there in shock. A Phoenix animagus...? Has that ever been done before..?

"Tomorrow is Friday." He said quietly, and the other three looked to him. "If there is anything Remus and I must discuss with Potter, say it now. We will be having a little meeting in Remus's office that evening after dinner."

Dumbledore said nothing, as there was nothing to say.

"Very well." Severus stood up. "I will be off to do my rounds around the castle."