Chapter eighht

"The loneliest are the kindest. The saddest people smile the brightest. The most damaged ones are the wisest. All because they don't want to see anyone else suffer" —Optimus Prime.

{8}.

It was a couple days later when the Autobot’s were joined by their new companions. The other human’s enjoyed having Nathan around. Fowler had an accident from something, but the folder he had the day before was on the table. Novalee went through it, halfway being joined by Nathan and Rafael. The folder held information on Novalee and Nathan. Showing everything documented about the two.

“-Nathan Damian Andrews, placed in foster care—been in four different families. Reported missing last year by the family prior of the date,” Rafael said, “Andrews as in Novalee’s old last name.”

“So we’re siblings?” Nathan said, looking at Novalee—who gave an equivalent confused look back.

“Fraternal twins, actually,” Rafael corrected, “according to this, you both were separated at birth.”

“Guess we’re both runaways,” Novalee sheepishly smiled looking over to Nathan. He returned it and turned his attention back to the fellow twelve-year-old, “I don’t want to go back into foster care. Being in foster care means you could be dumped on the road at any moment.”

“You might not have to. Since you know the ‘Bots, whoever your designated guardian is going to be their hollowform’s name could be you, parental guardian or caretaker,” Rafael said.

“Sideswipe and Sunstreaker took care of me well since I ran into them about ten months ago, and Sunstreaker is misanthropic! I guess you could say they’re my caretakers,” Nathan said.

“We could have Elimpitha make you look like me see we could really be twins” Novalee joked, popping a grin. Nathan chuckled before the others joined around them.

“So what exactly happened yesterday? This morning I came to find Fowler on a cot talking nonsense,” Novalee asked.

“So around the time I got back, the ‘Bots had a chance to finish off the Decepticons with one of the relics we had,” Jack said. “Though the plan kinda backfired on them. The Nemesis was possessed by the dark energon that Megatron fueled it with.”

“And they were all frozen because of the ship! So me, Raf’, Jack, and Fowler went on board. Well, Fowler wasn’t lucky and the system kinda electrified him. He’s been out since” Miko said.

“In the end, we ran to get back because everyone on the Nemesis was becoming unfrozen, including Megatron. I was almost drilled by Knock Out! I was lucky Ratchet came through too” Jack said. Novalee looked horrified upon hearing the last part from Jack, but also proud of Ratchet for saving him.

“I’m just glad no one was hurt—besides Fowler,” Novalee said.

“I wonder what we could do now” Nathan mused.

“Marco polo?” Miko suggested.

“Okay, so who’s Marco?” Rafael asked.

“Nathan, you being the new guy, you get to be Marco!” Miko said with a grin and regular punk spirit.

“Fine,” Nathan drawled. He closed his eyes and the others skittered off. The game came to an end when Optimus and the others assembled and went over plans.

“If we are to have any hope of recovering the Iacon relics before the Decepticons do, we must divide our resources,” Optimus said. Novalee and Nathan looked at the others confusedly, Elimpitha, Sunstreaker, and Sideswipe having the same look.