Chapter 30: Luke Skywalker

We rushed out to the Jundland wastes where we saw Sandpeople ransacking a speeder, tearing apart the ship and throwing those pieces all over the place. I placed a hand on my lightsaber, ready to attack, however Obi-Wan placed a hand over mine to stop me. "There is no need for that. I'll take care of them."

"How?" Jinx questioned.

At that moment Obi-Wan cupped his hands and let out a howl, scaring off the Sandpeople. Wow, they're cowards. We then walked past the speeder where we saw a young farmer boy on the ground who was unconscious. He looked very similar to Anakin. I wonder...is he Luke? At that moment we heard a noise, turning towards towards the shadows we saw a droid...and it wasn't just any droid, it was R2.

"Hello there!" Obi-Wan greeted him. "Come here my little friend. Don't be afraid."

"R2, it's us. Jinx, Maya, and Storm, from the Rebellion, don't you remember?" I asked.

Upon hearing our names, R2 slowly approached us, standing besides boy as he became worried for him. Obi-Wan then placed a hand on the boy's forehead before looking up at R2. "Don't worry, he'll be all right."

"Is he...is this Luke?" I asked rather hesitant.

"Yes." Obi-Wan replied.

At that moment, Luke woke up. "What happened?"

He tried to get up, but Obi-Wan gently pushed him back. "Rest easy, son, you've had a busy day. You're fortunate you're still in one piece."

Luke's eyes lit up upon seeing Obi-Wan. "Ben? Ben Kenobi! Boy, am I glad to see you!"

Ben? Obi-Wan glanced over at me, giving me a look that said "I'll explain everything later."

Luke then looks over at Jinx, Maya, and me with a confused look. "Ben who are they?"

"This is Maya, Jinx, and Storm." Obi-Wan said, introducing us. "Good friends of mine."

"The Jundland wastes are not to be traveled lightly. Tell me young Luke, what brings you out this far?" Obi-Wan questioned.

"Oh, this little droid! I think he's searching for his former master...I've never seen such devotion in a droid before...there seems to be no stopping him. He claims to be the property of an Obi-Wan Kenobi." Luke explained. "Is he a relative of yours? Do you know who he's talking about?"

Obi-Wan looked off into the distance at Luke's words. "Obi-Wan Kenobi... Obi-Wan? Now that's a name I haven't heard in a long time... a long time."

"I think my uncle knew him. He said he was dead." Luke replied.

"Obi-Wan dead?" I repeated. "Oh no he's not dead."

"Not yet." Obi-Wan added.

"You know him!" Luke exclaimed.

"Well of course, of course I know him. He's me." Obi-Wan replied with a smile. "I haven't gone by the name Obi-Wan since before you were born."

"You went by the name Ben?" Jinx asked.

Obi-Wan nodded. "I had to keep my identity a secret so the Empire wouldn't find me."

"Then the droid does belong to you." Luke said, referring to R2.

Obi-Wan furrowed his brows. "Don't seem to remember ever owning a droid. Very interesting..."

Obi-Wan then glanced up at the cliffs to hear the screams of the Sandpeople. "I think we better get indoors. The Sandpeople are easily startled but they will soon be back and in greater numbers."