Chapter 21: Confessions

My own father was here the entire time. Tears of joy filled my dad's face as he saw me. "Stormy? You truly are alive."

"Of course I am." I replied. "What're you doing here with Saw Gerrera?"

"I work with him. He promised to help find Alotren in return I'd work for him, helping him and his Partisans." Dad explained. I made a promise to not return to your mother until I got him back. However Jinx has told me that she helped him escape the Empire. Is that true?"

"Yes, it's true." I confirmed. "As hard as it may be for me to believe..."

Cassian then called out my name. "Storm! We've got to go."

"But my father..." Jyn began.

"I know where your father is." Cassian assured her.

"Go with them, Jyn. You must go." Saw urged.

Jyn then extended her hand out towards him. "Come with us."

Saw shook his head. "I will run no longer. Go! There's no time! Tâtsâ, go with them."

"But Saw, I'm not leaving you behind." Dad argued. "We're friends...I wouldn't dare leave you behind to die."

"Leave me behind. Please Tâtsâ...do it for me, old friend." Saw pleaded. "My time has finally come to an end."

Dad reluctantly agreed. "Very well, if that's what you wish then so be it. Farewell Saw, and may the Force be with you always."

Dad then shook Saw's hand as Saw said his farewells to him. "May the Force always be with you."

With that we rushed out of that room and down the many hallways. As we ran we heard Saw yell out. "Save the Rebellion! Save the dream!"

Once we were outside the Partisan base, we saw what K-2SO was talking about. There was no horizon...the entire planet was going to be blown. Is this the Empire's super weapon?

Cassian then grabbed my arm, snapping me out of my thoughts. "Come on! Let's get out of here!"

Quickly we all rushed into the U-Wing that K-2SO was piloting. Cassian then hopped into the co-pilot's seat before the ship took off from the ground.

"Get us out of here! Punch it!" Cassian ordered.

K-2SO was rather hesitant. "I'm not very optimistic about our odds."

"Let's not, K. Come on! Punch it." Cassian exclaimed.

"I haven't completed my calculation." K-2SO protested.

"Really K-2? We're about to be crushed!" Jinx snapped.

"I'll make them for you." Cassian retorted as he flew us out of Jedha and into light speed. Once we were finally out of danger, Chirrut insisted on knowing what happened. "Baze, tell me. All of it? The whole city? Tell me."

Baze nodded. "All of it."

Cassian who was listening to a transmission through his headphones, finally spoke. "Understood. Set a course for the base then Eadu."

"Right away." K-2SO said.

"Is that where my father is? In Eadu?" Jyn inquired.

"I think so." Cassian informed her.

"So you're Galen's daughter." Bodhi asked.

"You know him?"

"I'm Bodhi, the pilot." He introduced himself.

"You brought the message."

Bodhi nodded. "Yes, your father... He said I could get right by myself. He said I could make it right, if I was brave enough and listened to what was in my heart. Do something about it. Guess it was too late."

"It wasn't too late." Jyn argued.

"Seems pretty late to me." Baze commented.

"Yeah, I mean they just obliterated a planet." I chimed in.

"No. We can beat the people who did this. My father's message, I've seen it. They call it the Death Star. But they have no idea there's a way to defeat it." Jyn explained before turning to face Cassian. "You're wrong about my father."

"He did build it." Cassian protested.

"Because he knew they'd do it without him. My father made a choice. He sacrificed himself for the Rebellion." Jyn shot back ."He's rigged a trap inside it. That's why he sent you. To bring that message."

"Where is it? Where's the message?" Cassian asked.

"It was a hologram..." Jyn trailed off.

Cassian became frustrated real fast. "You have that message, right?"

"Everything happened so fast." Jyn replied.

Cassian then turned to Bodhi. "Did you see it?"

Bodhi shook his head, causing Cassian to slump his shoulders. Jyn wore a look of disbelief. "You don't believe me."

"I'm not the one you've got to convince." Cassian replied.

"I believe her." Chirrut defended, backing her up.

"That's good to know." Cassian muttered.

"What kind of trap?" Baze inquired. "You said your father made a trap."

"The reactor. He's placed a weakness there. He's been hiding it for years. He said if you can blow the reactor, the module, the whole system goes down." Jyn explained before looking back at Cassian. "You need to send word to the Alliance."

"I've done that." Cassian replied.

"They have to know there's a way to destroy this thing. They have to go to Scarif to get the plans." Jyn insisted. 

"I can't risk sending that. We're in the heart of Imperial territory." Cassian reminded her.

"Then we'll find him. And bring him back, and he can tell them himself." Jyn suggested.

"Yes, but first we return to the base." Cassian said.

"Why?" I asked.

"Because your brother, Commander Alotren wishes for you and your sister to return." Cassian explained. "He has another mission for you."

"What do you think the mission is?" Jinx asked me.

I narrowed my eyes at her. "Don't think I've forgotten what you've said to me earlier!"

"And what was that?" Dad inquired as he raised an eyebrow.

Oh boy. This is going to be a very long trip back to the base.