Chapter 23: Rescuing Maya

With that Alotren, Jinx, and I got on a U-Wing and I took charge of flying us to Coruscant. Once we disguised our ship, landing it in Dianya's old apartment in Coruscant. Turns out Dianya Mendai is the fiancée of Alotren. I also discovered that she was an Imperial officer who fell in love with Alotren. And when he told her of their plan to escape she joined, wanting to escape from the Empire. Once we got off the U-Wing, we went over the plan. We were informed by our own spies that Palpatine wouldn't be in his palace as he was meeting up with Darth Vader to discuss certain matters, which I believed consisted of the Death Star.

We quickly changed our clothing into Imperial attire since we were trying to blend in. We then made our way towards the palace that was once a Jedi Temple. I looked in horror at the changes, but remained firm and strong as we walked in. Luckily our disguises worked as the stormtroopers guarding the palace didn't stop us. I looked around in disgust as the corridors were stripped of the many ancient mosaics, paintings, statues, and tapestries, and instead were replaced with Imperial flags and banners that hung all over the palace along with crystalline sculptures that stood on pedestals with Imperial symbols. The courtyard was now filled with Star Destroyers of the Empire. Finally we found Maya frozen in the carbonite. She was in the room that was once the Jedi Council's Chambers. We quickly worked to free her, and as soon as we freed her, Maya fell to the ground with her eyes wide open. We rushed over to her side with worried looks.

"Maya." I called out. "Are you alright?"

She was shivering as she weakly looked at us. "Storm? Jinx? Alotren? Is that you?"

Alotren nodded vigorously. "It's us, Maya. It truly is us."

Maya forced a weak smile. "I'm happy to see you guys..."

With that she laid her head back, closing her eyes. My heart dropped upon seeing this. Please tell me she isn't dead...Alotren quickly placed a hand over her wrist, checking for a pulse. He then sighed in relief. "She's alright...Maya's just unconscious."

"Alright, well we've got to get her out of here." Jinx advised.

"Not so fast." An unfamiliar deep masculine voice said.

We turned to see a Dathomirian Zabrak male with orange skin covered with horns, black markings, and yellow eyes. He wore a black cloak and black robes along with a belt that contained a lightsaber. I had a bad feeling about this. I turned to Alotren. "Get her out of here. She needs medical attention."

"And what about you guys?" Alotren questioned.

"We'll fight him." I informed him. "Don't worry about us, brother. We can take care of ourselves."

"How do you think we made it this far?" Jinx added with a grin.

Alotren hesitated for a moment before scooping her up into his arms. He then walked out another door, leaving Jinx and me alone with the man I was certain was our cousin. The man then approached us as he threw his cloak to the ground.

"Storm Ca'ana, the day has come that we finally meet." The man said before glancing over at Jinx. "Ah if it isn't the traitor herself."

"Hatro Ventress!" Jinx spat.

"So you're the infamous cousin." I retorted. "You look a lot shorter than Darth Maul."

"At least I embrace our origins, not like you who can't even accept that you have Dathomirian and Sith blood running in your veins." Hatro shot back.