Ch. 36 Subdued and Caliginous

Začať od začiatku

He continues to drag me, and I whimper as I go limp, at least trying to slow him down long enough for me to buy time. My mind goes to all of the fucking people in the building.

I scream for help. Fuck pride.

And for the first time in fucking years, someone actually hears me.

"Hey!" An enraged voice calls out. "What the fuck are you doing?"

Dontavion tries to wrench me up to my feet but I reanimate, and claw at him with renewed vigor. If someone is close enough to see what's going on, they're close enough to interfere with Dontavion's plans. I just hope Dontavion won't start shooting at them or something, so I try to keep his attention. I just wish my head would stop spinning.

Footsteps pound on the floor, and I'm dropped like a bag of rocks as Dontavion realizes he can't take me with him after all. Pissed off, I scramble up and thrust a foot out, knocking Dontavion to the ground. He crawls away from my reach, and takes off. I curse as he sprints to the exit door down the hallway.

He looks back at me, even as a pair of men drops down next to me. I don't look at them, but rather I keep my eyes on Dontavion and I stare him down with contempt. Another man shoots past our little group, running straight for Dontavion.

I internally cheer on the tall blond, but with one last nasty look directed my way, Dontavion is out the door and gone. I know before the blond gets to the door that it will be locked or blocked.

"Fuck, are you okay?" One of the men asks me and I nod. I keep watching as the one guy tries to get the door open, but it is indeed stuck. Fuck.

I want to scream. It's bad enough that Dontavion is free, but he's actively going after Cyan and me. It's only a matter of time.

"We need to get you out of here." Another familiar voice tells me, and I'm taken aback as I look up to see the one man from earlier, the Native American guy, looking down at me with wild eyes.

"No shit." I growl at him, and groan as the other guy, a guy with light brown hair and mismatched eyes, grabs my arm and pulls me up to my feet.

"What the fuck happened? Why are you all the way over here?" The Native American guy asks me. I feel like I should know his name, but for the life of me I can't remember if he introduced himself or not. "They took your friend to the other side of the building."

I shake my head. "I don't know. They didn't tell me anything, just dumped me in there and left me. I think this was planned." Saying the words brings another revelation...

"Where is Cy?" I gasp. Pure fucking terror drips through me. I grab at the nearest guy, his blue eye and green eye staring down at me with intensity, and I shake him. "Where is she? He might have gotten to her. We need to find her!" I start to freak out, imagining all the horrible shit he could do to her if he has her. "We have to warn someone! Dontavion is still in the area."

"It's okay; she's on the other side of the building." The heterochromia guy tries to assure me, but I don't know him and I know better than he does that Dontavion is fucking crazy. He has no idea what Dontavion could do to Cy.

The guy with the Native American features cuts in, placing a hand on my arm. Now they're both touching me. I fight the urge to shove them away as the other one with the hair and the face directs me to look at him. He's getting a little blurry now. "Blake will go and tell someone about Dontavion, let's get you somewhere safe."

I'm barely aware of pulling my lip back to give him a look. "I don't need to go somewhere safe. I need to go to Cyan."

I push away from the two of them, and reach a hand out to lean on the wall to steady myself on my feet. I take a moment to breath. My body hurts, and my head is killing me. I'm barely aware of someone talking to me, but I can't really understand the words. It doesn't matter.