"You also must like making me make a fool out of myself. It looks as if I have been talking to thin air and dancing with myself."

"If you wish for me to be seen, I will be seen," he smiled. Suddenly, gasps erupted throughout the crowd and everyone's eyes widened at the sight of another divine among them. Although there were plenty of other people in the room that the Night God could look at, he kept his eyes trained on me. His dark features imprisoned me, and I felt a strong connection with him.

"Any other requests?" he asked.

"Just a question... Why did you choke Valerio?"

He took a deep breath and gazed at me for a few moments. "I see you as mine. You are My Radiance. I need you to light up my darkness just as you need me to be seen. We are connected and, to be quiet honest, I could be quite possessive and jealous at times. You wanted Valerio to take away your heat, and I got jealous over it."

I inhaled sharply. Another man in my life who's possessive. Great. I forced myself to smile and nodded my head.

"I have much more control usually than that. I know I do not own you and that you are not mine, but we need each other. You may bed whomever you like," he began as his eyes drifted to Damon and then to Luca, "But, you will always need me like I will need you."

I nodded my head in understanding. His calm voice soothed me. He didn't seem as jealous or possessive as Damon or Luca.

"I shall leave you now to celebrate. If you ever need me, all you have to do is look up into the night sky and I'll find you as soon as I can."

He squeezed my shoulders lightly and walked away, disappearing into thin air. As he departed, whispers erupted throughout the crowd. I shuffled back to my seat, feeling awkward standing alone in the middle of the floor. Looking around the room, I noticed Richard sitting in the corner, but Aaisha not with him. I furrowed my eyebrows together and motioned for him to come to me once we locked eyes.

His shoulders slumped as he dragged his body over to our table. Dark circles laid under his eyes and his hair stuck up in too many different directions. "Richard, where's Aaisha?" I asked.

He grimaced. "Back at the cabin. She wasn't feeling up to coming." He looked down at his hands and rubbed them together. Taking a shaky breathe he looked back up to me. His eyes glistened with tears.

I stood and wrapped my arms around his neck, pulling him in for a hug. "I'm so sorry, Richard."

"Are you?" he asked, not returning the hug.

I pulled away and placed my hand on his shoulder. "Yes, why would you even ask that?"

He shook his head and brushed past me, going to sit back down. My heart broke as I watched his lips tremble. He blamed me for the death of their child. I didn't even know how I could've stopped it.

A warm hand wrapped around my shoulders and I looked up to see Luca. He gave me a forced smile as he noticed me staring at Richard. "Luca, I-I... I don't know what I could've done to help her." A tear slid down my cheek. "What was I supposed to do?"

He tugged me closer to him, resting my head against his chest. His heart thumped loudly against it. "There was nothing you could do, Mae," he spoke. "I saw her this morning. She was broken, but she will heal."

"Is she mad at me?" I asked, looking up into his brown eyes.

"No, she's just upset... Richard on the other hand might be."

I sighed. I parted my lips to speak, but his phone buzzed from his suit pocket. He took it out and sighed, letting his hands fall to his sides. "I have to go," he stated. "But, I will see you soon. I'm so proud of everything that you have become. I love you."