*25*

KENZIE

"What?! A pool party?" I shrieked and asked her one more time. 

"Actually it's not just a pool party?" she said as she was fiddling with her hands nervously. I noticed her actions and asked out of curiosity.

"Is there something else other than the pool party?" I said.

"Okay, sit down on this one for me" she said as she wanted me to sit on her bed. I did as what I was told to do and sat down beside her. She huffed a sigh and continued on with what she wanted to tell me. "This is not just some family reunion you think it will be"

"W-What do you mean?" I wasn't getting with what she said.

"Every year, we are always getting invited and prepared this annual event ever since..." she explained but she was having a difficulty finding the right words to say it but hopefully she did. "....our family had rivals"

"What?! Rivals?" wait- what does she mean by that?

"The Styles family has been the number 1 enemy of the Richards" she explained.

"Wait- who are the Richards?" I asked her.

"They are the family that we've hated ever since" she started it off. "They're just so mean, so cruel and they act like these big bullies that never stopped making fun of you" she said. Wait- adults especially a family or the whole clan rather, has bullies of their own? Are we still back in high school?

"How come- When did- Why?" I was trying to find the right words to ask her.

"It's very complicated to explain but right now, we just need to head over to lunch by the pool since the eating area is an open area" she said as she went over to her bag that was on the the table.

"Wait wait- so you're telling me they're coming over here? In the hotel?" I asked, just to clarify some stuff.

"Yes but they're here for two reasons only" she said as she got out a few clothes that maybe she might choose to wear for later. "One, is that we'd have the annual meals together in one room..." she said as I see her still looking for other clothes to wear. "...and two, it's because of Fam Gam"

"Fam Gam? What the hell is that?" I asked her making me try to see where she was going even though I don't understand the whole story, yet.

"Fam Gam is what we call  our annual event because every year, after the first day in the hotel, which is the pool party, we are required to have like a competition against the Richards. It's just something we've been doing for like the past 5 years now" wow, taking things very seriously I see. Adults playing against other adults? Really?

"Uhm not to be rude, but aren't you guys old enough to play against each other? I mean, is this how you guys always solve your problems?" I mean, I find it very ridiculous because, they need to compete with each other just to...have fun? wait, was that the reason why they needed to get together?

"Actually, these games are not all what you expect" she started off "The games mean so much to us that we needed something to prove the point" 

"The point? What was really the point of playing against each other"

"Okay I'll explain everything when the time comes but right now, you just need to understand the situation we are in and I just hope you fully support and understand us on this. Even though I really want you to know a lot about us, but I really can't" she started to apologize to me since she wanted to be very helpful, but I feel like she is restrained to burst out all the information she knows about their family history.

"Okay, I understand. I just hope that whenever you need someone to talk to, I'm right here" I told her. I was really very worried, not for her, but to their family as well. I just think that now's the time I need to talk to the boys about this.

"Thank you Mackenzie. Thank you for understanding, not only me, but to my family as well" she opened her arms wide as I embraced her so tight so that she could feel my comfort in her arms. 

"Oh! In order to thank you for listening to me..." she said as she went to her bag again and tried to find something and soon she found it but hid it behind her back. "...here is something you could wear for later, since a) you didn't know that it was a pool party and b) I think you didn't bring any so here you go" she then revealed what was she hiding behind her and I knew what it was.

"Nuh-uh. No way in hell my body will wear that" I denied her offer. "Do you think there is a another way you could repay me other than wearing that thing" I motioned to what she was holding and never again shall I try on that.

"Come on, you're only going to wear this once and let me tell you it's either this or none at all" I rolled my eyes and soon gave in.

"Fine" I went to the bathroom and soon put it on as I covered it with the clothes I had on. It felt very weird onto my skin and I noticed while I was wearing it, I saw from the mirror that it was very revealing. I then heard Gemma speaking on the other side of the door.

"Kenzie! We need to head downstairs now" she said and I looked myself in the mirror once more and soon I needed to face new stuff coming at me later on.

heyyy new update!!! :)

hope you're enjoying the story so far

I apologize for this to be short and boring :(((

anyways enjoy!! ;)