*24*

KENZIE

"You got everything?" I heard my mom shouting from behind as she was walking towards my room. I was almost done packing my stuff since I'm gonna leave in a few minutes or so. As you all know, I've been invited by the Styles for their family reunion at a hotel if I'm not mistaken. I was about to ask permission from my parents, but Anne sort of told her before I did.

"Sweetie, they'll come by and pick you up in 10 minutes. You're not going on a vacation for 2 weeks. It's just on the weekends" I heard her coming in my room as she noticed that I was almost done packing so that I won't forget some stuff.

"Mom, you know me. I always make sure I have everything with me at all times" I told her. As I continued checking my bag again. "So I got my tops, my pants, my undergarments, footwear....and I guess I'm done" I told her smiling.

"Honey, what about your 'cleansy' kit?" my mom said. Never thought she would be able to mention that to me but yeah I completely forgot about that. My 'cleansy' kit is something I came up with for a small bag with some hygienic stuff and make up in it. It's just handy pouch where it is very handy to me.

"Oh yeah, thanks mom for reminding me" I thanked her as I got it from the bathroom. I then heard the doorbell after putting the kit in my bag. 

"I'll get it" I heard my dad shouting from downstairs. Oh dear God. I gave my mom a look signaling her to go down since my dad might ask them a few 'questions'. You know how dads are. She nodded and went downstairs.

I stayed for a bit and fixed my hand bag and got my jacket. I wore a striped crop top, a denim skirt for the bottoms and some beige or nude color sandals. My hair was in a half pony and I let the ends of my hair curled just a little bit.

"Sweetie, they're here! Come down already!" I heard my mom shouting from downstairs

"Coming!" I replied. I got my stuff and went down the stairs and heard my dad talking with the boys.

"...and the bear said 'I'm not sure; I was born with them" I heard him say that and soon everyone in the living room were laughing as I can feel like my dad told a joke and everyone got it except for me. I cleared my throat and soon everyone turned their attentions towards me. I then saw Anne and Gemma standing up from the couch.

I walked over, giving them hugs and kisses as a greeting. "Thanks Anne for inviting our daughter. We actually were going to visit m mother's house in the weekend" I heard my dad said. I looked at him with a confused look.

"Wait- what's wrong with nana?" I asked all worried about her.

"She's fine. She called us yesterday just to ask if we could visit her. And she also needed to talk to us abut something important I think" dad said as I felt relieved as though I thought something had happened to her.

"Well, okay then. We have to go now" I heard Anne spoke beside me. I nodded and soon said goodbye to my parents and wishing them a safe trip to my grandmother's house. They also waved goodbye at Anne and Gemma and we soon left our house. We then went over to their car and I noticed the boys weren't there inside the car.

I then looked at Gemma since she knew what I was going to ask them. "They're already at the hotel waiting for us" she said as she assured me that they were there ahead of us. I got in their car and to be honest, their car smells like vanilla and coconut. And it's as if it was the scent I noticed whenever I'm with the boys....individually.

Anne started the car and we soon drove off. They assured me beforehand that the car ride would take about 2 hours or so. So that gave me the chance to put on my earphones and listen to some music.

*****

"Mackenzie, we're here" I heard someone talking as I was trying to open my eyes. I noticed I fell asleep on the way and glanced at Gemma talking to me while she opened the door on my right. I fixed myself up, putting my phone and earphones in my bag. I got outside and saw Anne and Gemma were getting their bags from the trunk and I did the same.

We then walked out of the parking lot and into the building. We rode the elevator to get to the lobby and it only took us around 3 stops before getting there. The elevator opened was surprised seeing how beautiful the lobby was. The walls were in nude color, the ceiling and posts were in gold color but it was a bit shiny so it looked new or expensive (to me), there were not much people around here so I guess not all people would be all over this hotel.

I noticed Anne and Gemma walking up to the reception. I then followed them, while carrying my stuff. 

"Hi, we're here to check in a room. We're here for the Styles Family Reunion" Anne said. The woman nodded as she was typing something on the computer.

"Yes, we have reserved rooms for you. Just please sign your names here and we can give you your keys" she asked us to sign in this book since it had a lot of names in it that I assume are the customer's names. After writing them down, I got my key and they did as well. We then went to the elevator and pressed the button for level 2 since that's where my room was. Anne and Gemma's room was in level 3. 

After leaving the elevator and reaching the second level, I exited the elevator and walked across the hall and trying to find my room. I looked at my left and right trying to see the number of my room. Hmm....224, 225, 226- oh here it is - 227. I walked up to the front door and I used my key to open it. I opened the door to the room and saw two beds. The room was not too small nor too big but it was just what I wanted it to be.

There were two beds and a big closet beside the door. The bathroom was okay, it had a shower and bathtub and the walls were a bit like marble since it was a bit shiny. I then noticed a big being placed on the other bed. I remembered Anne telling me that I was roommates with her niece, Gemma and the boys' cousin.

I shrugged it off and soon placed my bag on my bed. I then heard my cellphone rang and so I answered it. 

"Hey, Mackenzie. Can I ask your opinion on what I'll be wearing when I meet our relatives?" she asked as I can hear her on the other line.

"Sure. What's your room number again?" I asked just to make sure.

"Sure. It's 303" she replied. I thanked her and hung up. I got out of the room, with my keys and locking the door before leaving. I went to the elevator and pressed the button to let me go up the next level. As I reached the third level, I tried to find their room. Luckily, I found it an knocked on their door. Soon, it got opened and saw Gemma. She smiled as she motioned me to come in.

"So, what's this outfit emergency you needed my help with?" I asked as I sat down on her bed. I noticed she was wearing a bath robe as she bit her lip and looking all nervous. "What?" I asked out of curiosity.

"Actually it wasn't outfit problems" she said and continued. "It's actually bathing suit problems"

"Wait- what?"

"You do realize that this wasn't just a family reunion" she said as I gaped my mouth open. "Didn't the boys tell you it was a pool party?"

I shook my head and realized that I had nothing to wear to this pool party.

heyy continuation of this in the next chapter :)

keep on reading you guys and enjoy!

also keep on voting, sharing, and commenting ;) 

btw I apologize for this to be boring and short :--((