15

Early the next morning, so early that the sun hadn't even begun to rise, Sam and Gabriel slipped into the bunker silently, Sam opening the door and closing it slowly as to not cause any noise. Sam still felt the euphoria of last night running through his veins so he was still wide awake, and the same went for Gabriel, who still had a wide grin on his face. Sam couldn't help but grin back as they tip-toed down the stairs, holding hands with each other.

"There you wild kids are," Sam jumped at the sound of Dean's voice. He hadn't even noticed him sitting there, casually rolling a beer around on the table by it's top. Cas sat beside him, also with a beer in hand. "How was the bar?"

"Dean, come on, this is weird. What are you doing at -" Sam paused to check his watch, "3:00 am drinking beer in the dark?"

"Making sure Gabe got you home at a reasonable hour, and most importantly that you're safe. You were out for a long time. What'd you guys do?"

Sam felt heat creep across his face. "Nothing, just had a couple drinks, that's all."

"And that's why you swapped shirts?"

Sam and Gabe simultaneously looked down at their shirts which had, indeed, been switched accidentally. They hadn't even noticed, due to being in the dark, pretty drunk, and Gabe having borrowed Sam's shirt. Dean laughed as the two exchanged an embarrassed look. As Dean kept laughing, Sam looked between him and Cas, when he noticed something off about the angel. In fact, something was odd about the both of them. Cas didn't have his signature trench coat on, only his white button-up shirt, untucked from his pants, and Dean only had on a black t-shirt over some loose jeans. Both of them were way under dressed compared to their usual layer upon layer style, hell Dean didn't even have a belt on. They both look disheveled, probably how he and Gabriel looked right now. Sam put two and two together but said nothing, just rolling his eyes as Dean laughed away and Cas hid a grin.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah, good night," Sam waved his hand as he began to walk to his room with Gabriel at his side, "We're going to sleep."

"I don't think a whole lot of sleeping will be going on!" Dean called after them teasingly. Now Gabe rolled his eyes.

"Hypocrites," the archangel murmured under his breath, and Sam snorted in agreement. As soon as they entered Sam's room they flopped onto his bed together, letting out a heavy breath in unison. They were both exhausted, and Sam felt like he could fall asleep right then and there, but he stood and threw the covers over, crawled in them with Gabriel, and pulled them over them. Sam turned on his pillow to face Gabriel, who looked back. They were silent for a moment, which only made the two grin and start to chuckle lowly.

"Was that really your first time? With a guy?" Gabriel asked.

"Yeah."

"I don't know what you were worried about. You were...magnifique," Gabe purred. Sam let out a low laugh as he blushed. Gabriel rolled so his back was facing Sam but shifted backwards into him. Sam wrapped his arm around Gabriel, whose legs curled up slightly in the fetal position. Sam rested his head on top of Gabriel's. The archangel was so warm, warmer than the average human should be. It must be because of his grace coming back.

"Do you not like being an archangel?" Sam asked. Gabriel used his powers frequently but he seemed to dread that his angelic grace was returning.

"It's not that I don't like it," Gabriel sighed, "I just don't like the responsibility Pops threw on us. And the side effects of being an angel. You can't taste food, you only see peoples souls, you can't get drunk. All that fun stuff." Sam nodded thoughtfully. "Do you like being a hunter?" Gabriel asked in return.

"I...guess I feel the same as you do about being an archangel. I mean, I'm sure if I was just a regular hunter I'd be fine with it, like ones who worked regular cases all the time and just stumbled into it their own way. But dad forced the lifestyle on us and because of all the apocalyptic stuff I can't exactly leave it. I can't have a normal job or life. I'm glad I can save people though."