Prolouge

A classic case - that's what Sam and Dean were presented with in Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio. Mysterious killings with gruesome bite marks somewhere on the victims, usually the necks. No doubt, it was a gang of vampires behind it. It was so simple that Sam wished they could just tell the police the truth and let them deal with it. But of course, this was their secret reality, and they had to let the innocent civilians of the world keep living their false truth.

Sam slammed the door of the Impala, stepping outside onto the pavement in front of a house - if one could call it that. Its brown paint which probably looked well done at one point was now chipped and faded like it had been brushed over with mud rather than paint. Overall, the wood was rotten and dilapidated, and the tiny yard in front of it was unkempt, littered with miscellaneous trash like an excessive amount of beer bottles and, for whatever reason, a tire. It was what he expected out of a bunch of murderous vampires. A sketchy house for a sketchy crew.

"Someone likes their privacy," Dean commented, nodding to the boarded up windows as he reached into the trunk, slipping a machete into a belt holster while Sam did the same, "They could have at least gotten some curtains."

"Alright man, let's just get this over with," Sam responded, flicking up the serious mode switch in his brain as Dean closed the trunk, putting away the shotgun he always used to hold it up. It was a dark night, lucky for them, as they snuck around the side of the house, sticking to the wall of the neighboring house just below the window, which was devoid of signs of life. Sam took the lead, moving quickly to the back wall of the house, only to hear muffled shouts that made him whip around, eyes widening at the scene. Two men, looking no more than in their late twenties, held Dean, holding a cloth up to his mouth. There was no doubt it was drenched in chloroform, as Sam could smell it from where he stood. Dean went limp, and just as Sam went to save him, another arm wrapped around his neck, and a cloth came before his eyes. He pulled back his broad shoulders, hitting the assailant in the face and freeing himself from their grip. Again, he went to run towards Dean, but was swept off his feet as a kick knocked his knees outwards from beneath him. Sam flipped around on his back, just in time to grab the arms coming towards him to wrap that deceivingly dangerous cloth around his face. After long moments of struggling against one another, Sam won over, pushing the attacked away from him and onto the ground. He swung his arm over, heavy with the machete it gripped, and cut off the vampire's head cleanly. Blood stained his face and clothes, but as this was a normal occurrence, Sam got to his feet, looking at the body for a moment before searching around the area for Dean.

Nothing. No sign of Dean or the vampires. Just a machete abandoned on the ground, and kindly enough, the keys to the Impala.

"Dean?" Sam asked, hoping to hear something. No answer. "Dean!?" He raced around the neighboring house, eyes searching. Nothing. Looked behind every nook and cranny in and around the house. Nothing. Ran down the street, dropping his machete as to not look like a murderous lunatic, and looked down each space between each house. Not. A. Single. Sign. 

Sam ran his hands through the hair that dropped down the back of his neck. How could this happen? How the hell? He ran back to the Impala and grabbed his cellphone, unsure of what else to do other than call someone who was calmer. His mind was buzzing, he couldn't think logically.

"This is my voice mail. Make your voice...a mail." Beep.

"Damn it Cas," Sam hung up the phone angrily. The damn angel never answered his phone when it was something important, but of course, when he was calling to ask if Cas wanted coffee from somewhere he'd answer before the first ring would even finish. He tried again. And again. And again. He tried until the voice mail seemed to be taunting him, so Sam slammed the phone down in frustration. Where was Cas? Where was Dean taken?

What was he supposed to do now?