Chapter 2

*Flashback*

"Tessa, want to go for a ride with me?" My dad pokes his head into my room.

"Yeah where are we going?" I ask getting up from my bed.

"Quebec. I'm scouting one of the kids up there for the Bruins." He says.

"Yeah, I'll come." I agree.

"Alright. Pack a bag, we are staying over night when we are there, and be ready in about a half hour."

"Alright. I'll be ready." I say.

I go down stairs after I pack my bag and get myself ready.

"Ready to go?" My dad stands from the couch.

"Whenever you are." I nod.

"Peggy, we are leaving!" My dad shouts to my mom.

"Alright, be careful. Call me when you get there. I love you both." She gives me a hug and kisses my cheek before moving to my dad to give him a kiss.

"I love you. I'll call you soon." He says before pick up his bag. We walk out and head to the car and pull out of the drive way making our way to Quebec.

***

Once we make it to the rink, we check in with my mom and the Bruins before entering the rink. Once inside, we are bit by the cold arena and the stench of hockey equipment. We stand along the boards, waiting for the teams to come on.

"Who's the kid that we are looking for?" I ask, looking over to the notebook that my dad pulled out.

"His name is Patrice Bergeron. He's 17, and he's supposed to be a very mature and skilled player." My dad sums up.

"Are you the first to look at him?" I ask.

"No, I'm more of the confirmation that they should pursue him." He explains.

"Reinforcement?"

"Pretty much." He laughs. "I also want your opinion. You can see ahead as far as how players will adapt better than the rest of us." My dad says.

"Well, I'm honored that I'm so useful." I laugh.

"You make me proud, kiddo." He says pulling me to his side.

"Thanks dad." I say wrapping my arm around him.

"I love you. More than you'll ever know." He says, placing a kiss on the side of my head.

"I love you too. Thank you. For everything. Giving me a home and a family." I say starting to choke up.

"Don't start getting sappy on me." My dad shoves me a little.

"You started it." I laugh and shove him back.

"Mr. Orr, I'm glad you could make it." A man comes up to my dad and I. We both turn around to be greeted by a coach of one of the teams.

"Thank you for having me." My dad shakes his hand.

"This is Patrice, our starting center." The coach introduces us.

"Nice to meet you Patrice, I'm Bobby, this is my daughter Tessa." My dad and I shake Patrice's hand. I look into his deep brown eyes and instantly feel butterflies.

"Nice to meet you." His thick French accent rings through my ears.

"Likewise." My dad steps in, eyeing me. "You have been scouted before I assume."

"Yes, mostly by the Bruins organization." Patrice responds.

"Alright, so you know the process." My dad assumes.